Expandable precision reamers.
Allied Machine & Engineering Corp (Dover, OH) offers a complete range of ALVAN expandable precision reamers for high volume production wherever high quality, tight tolerances, or superior finish is critical. The ALVAN reamers are suitable for high-precision tasks, like those used in gun manufacturing applications as gun barrels, receivers, and site mounts. The reamers are also widely used in aerospace, where they offer the right geometry for use on composites and high-temperature alloys.
* Carbide, cermet, polycrystalline diamond (PCD), and cubic boron nitride (CBN) cutting edges
* Diameter sizes from 0.228 inch to 7.898 inch (5.8mm to 200.6mm)
* A wide variety of different lead angles
* Available in three styles: monobloc, ring, and replaceable head
* Expandable design used for adjustment due to wear, enabling users to obtain and maintain tighter tolerances
* Ring style expands up to 4 percent of the diameter
* The monobloc and replaceable head style expands up to 1 percent of the diameter
* Replaceable head style reamer available in either expanding or fixed diameter options