Ex-convict receives death threats on re-used number.
Lawyer Robert Trimble said he was seeking unspecified damages for his client, Junior Alexander Guy, from phone provider T-Mobile for the flood of enraged and threatening calls aimed at George Zimmerman, who is facing charges for shooting dead an unarmed black teenager.
Guy purchased the mobile after being released from serving more than 19 years in prison for drug trafficking. Trimble said the phone was activated by
George Zimmerman, right, is facing charges for shooting dead an unarmed black teenager
T-Mobile with the number that had been assigned to George Zimmerman.
Zimmerman is in jail awaiting trial on a second-degree murder charge after shooting Trayvon Martin dead on February 26 as the 17-year-old returned from a local store where he'd gone to buy a sweets.
The case garnered widespread media attention and sparked race protests across the US. The phone number had been widely reported online in police transcripts of a 911 call Zimmerman had made to report a suspicious teenager in his gated neighbourhood.
Zimmerman has been the target of numerous death threats. Guy said he feared for his life after getting death threats meant for Zimmerman and at one point had to move in with his mum because of the malicious calls to the phone, which has since been deactivated.
T-Mobile said the firm had followed all appropriate rules and proA[degrees]cedures for dealing with previously used numbers.
2012 Al Sidra Media LLC
Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company