Evening citywide mosquito spray scheduled for Aug. 16 in St. Charles.
Byline: Submitted by City of St. Charles
Clarke, the mosquito control vendor for the City of St. Charles, is conducting a citywide spray the evening of Friday, Aug. 16, 2019, weather permitting.
Clarke uses a synthetic treatment that is safe for humans and pets. But people with a respiratory condition are advised to stay indoors and close the windows during the application. Also, to get a notification of an upcoming spraying, call Clarke at (800) 942-2555.
To prevent bites, use insect repellent, avoid being outdoors during dawn and dusk hours when mosquitoes are most active, and wear long sleeves.
What you can do to reduce mosquito population in your yard:
1. Discard old tires, tin cans, buckets or any water-holding containers outside.
2. Fill in or drain any low places in the yard.
3. Cover trash containers to keep out rainwater.
4. Repair leaky pipes and outside faucets.
5. Empty plastic wading pools at least once each week and store indoors when not in use.
6. Make sure your backyard pool is properly cared forespecially when on vacation.
7. Change the water in birdbaths and planters frequently.
8. Keep grass cut short and shrubbery well-trimmed around the house.
For more information, visit the City of St. Charles website www.stcharlesil.gov or contact the City's Public Works Department at 630.377.4405.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Submitted Content|
|Publication:||Daily Herald (Arlington Heights, IL)|
|Date:||Aug 16, 2019|
|Previous Article:||Evanston Art & Big Fork Festival Set for August 16 -18.|
|Next Article:||5 suburban orchards where you can pick your own apples.|