Evaluation board for software-defined sensor offering.
Melexis (Belgium) has introduced an evaluation board (EVB) to strengthen the support available for its MLX90393 programmable magnetic sensor 1C. Features include:
* SPI and [I.sup.2]C interfaces.
* A measurement of 30 x 30 mm.
* An operational temperature range from -20[degrees] to +85[degrees]C.
* A provision for thermal measurement.
Why Would I Specify?
* The EVB offers engineers a platform for constructing a variety of human machine interfaces with slide, push/pull, and linear swipe switches, in addition to more complex 3D sensing systems, such as joysticks or rotary knobs with push functions included.
* Melexis' proprietary Triaxis technology gives the 16-bit resolution MLX90393 sensor IC on each EVB the capacity to deliver a digital output proportional to the detected magnetic flux density along 3 perpendicular axes (X, Y, and Z).
* The IC acts like a building block for position sensing systems in a spectrum of applications, presenting engineers with an array of configurable parameters, allowing them to optimize their system for either high speed measurement, elevated signal integrity, or low power consumption.