European cold chain logistics conference features timely programs plus field trips.
Future frozen foods logistics concepts are on the agenda Feb. 25-27 at the 16th Cold Chain Logistics Conference and Trade Show of the European Cold Storage & Logistics Association (ECSLA) at the Crowne Plaza in Bruges, Belgium.
The event, organized in cooperation with Belgium's Beroeps Vereniging Der Belgische Vries en Koelnijverheid (BVBVK), is expected to bring together approximately 150 delegates from all segments of the cold chain for technical sessions, as well as a trade show and visits to frozen food facilities.
Speakers for the main program sessions include:
* Steven op de Beeck, director of transport and external warehouses for the Brussels-headquartered Delhaize Group, on e-commerce plans.
* Dr. Ir. Rene de Koster, professor of logistics and operations management at Erasmus University, Rotterdam, Holland, on the role of operations managers.
* Sven Verstrepen, business development director and partner of TriVizor of Belgitan, on horizontal cooperation in the supply chain.
* J.P. Joei, president and ceo of the USA-based Argent Consulting Group, on improving labor productivity in warehouse operations by 20%, as shown in case studies.
* Jean-Yves Chameyrat, director of human resources at STEF Logistics of France, on the aging of staff, and practical examples and opportunities from a market leader.
Breakout sessions will focus on operational issues like floor repair at -25[degrees]C, high-tech voice picking, energy saving, electricity loading points for trucks at coldstores, mobile printing, and developments in refrigeration equipment.
Post-conference side trips will take delegates to the flagship factory of frozen vegetable processor Ardo and to a Colruyt discount supermarket outlet. Ardo's site in Ardooie, Belgium, includes its 32,000 pallet capacity, 35-meter high European distribution center.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Quick Frozen Foods International|
|Date:||Jan 1, 2013|
|Previous Article:||Swire Pacific Cold Storage in China: state-of-art, world-class operations.|
|Next Article:||Henningsen's Tony Lucarelli new head of World Group.|