400g punnet of strawberries
300ml double cream
6 meringue shells
Icing sugar to dredge
Preheat oven to 200AC, (180AC for fan assisted), 400AF, gas mark 6.
1. Divide pastry into six equal portions and roll out and line six 10cm individual deep-fluted tartlet tins and bake blind for 15min until pastry is golden brown. Allow to cool.
2. Hull strawberries and cut in half. Then place in bowl with icing sugar.
3. Whip cream until forming soft peaks. Fold in the strawberry mixture.
4. Crush meringue shells and fold into cream and strawberry mixture.
5. Pile mixture into cooled tartlet cases and decorate with half a strawberry and sifted icing sugar if desired.