Entrances & exits.
* Pasadena, Calif.'s Boston Court Performing Arts Center has announced that Kyle Clausen will join the organization as its executive director. Clausen, who previously served as director of marketing and patron services at Santa Rosa, Calif.'s Luther Burbank Center for the Arts, replaces Michael Seel, who left in 2016.
* Chicago's About Face Theatre has selected Alana Parvey Zalas as its new managing director. Zalas succeeds Dean Carpenter, who departed in 2016. Zalas comes to the organization from Route 66 Theatre Company, where she was business manager and remains an artistic associate.
* American Theater Company of Chicago has named Katie Klemme its new managing director, a position that has been vacant since Dee Sandt left in October 2016. Klemme was the company's resident stage manager since 2008.
* Seattle's Intiman Theatre has announced that Sara Porkalob will serve as co-curator of the company's 2017 programming. The co-curation leadership model, which Intiman launched in 2016 with Valerie Curtis-Newton in the role, is designed to bring fresh voices and perspectives to the theatre.
* The Shakespeare Theatre Company of Washington, D.C., has announced that artistic director Michael Kahn will retire at the end of the 2019 season. Kahn will be stepping down after more than 30 years at the helm, having joined the organization in 1986.
* New York City's S9E59 Theaters has announced that artistic director Elysabeth Kleinhans and executive producer Peter Tear will step down in May. Val Day, a longtime agent with William Morris and ICM Partners, is taking over as artistic director, and Tear will not be replaced. Kleinhans will stay with the organization as president of the board of directors, and will take the title of founding artistic director for the Elysabeth Kleinhans Theatrical Foundation. Tear will guide the transition through May 7, after which he'll dedicate his time to consulting and commercial producing projects.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||appointments in theater companies|
|Date:||Mar 1, 2017|
|Previous Article:||News in brief.|
|Next Article:||Awards & prizes.|