Enter now and win a fortune; pounds 70,000 in monthly and special prizes.
Your ten horses, selected from the list printed here, score points each time they win a Flat race - you'll find full details of the scoring system on the right - and the entry with the highest number of points at the end of racing on October 20 will pick up a life-changing sum.
There are 250 horses from which to choose, and to help you make your choices we have included brief portraits of each horse, with an assessment of their prospects of success.
Each entrant will be allowed to add two horses to their list of ten - at no extra cost - during the July bonus horse window. All 12 selections in a list will then score you points, with the highest-scoring ten horses in your entry determining your total.
Thousands of readers are expected to enter, so make sure you submit your lists, and the best of luck.
How to enter From the list of 250 horses, select ten to follow in Flat races during the period of the competition - Saturday, May 5 to Saturday, October 20, 2012, inclusive. Postal entries cost pounds 12 or EUR15, but entries made online cost just pounds 10. You can submit as many lists as you wish. Entries are not accepted by telephone. TO ENTER ONLINE. Simply log on to ttf.totesport.com. Make your selections, then follow the step-by-step instructions or see 'How to Enter'.
You can also enter permutations or multiple entries containing banker selections. Just follow the instructions.
Deadline for internet entries is noon this Saturday, May 5, but we recommend you place your entry well before the closing time to avoid the usual late rush which can considerably delay processing time and could lead to possible disappointment. TO ENTER BY POST. Each horse has a reference number. Write the reference numbers - not the horse names - clearly on the entry form on page 8, using a blue or black ballpoint pen - NOT a felt tip.
You may enter as many lists as you wish, but each entry must be made on an official entry form, although photocopies will be accepted for multiple entries.
Each entry form must contain the name, address and date of birth of the entrant and, if possible, their telephone numbers. Multiple entries in the name of a syndicate must also contain the full name and address of the organiser.
Completed entry forms must be accompanied by a cheque/crossed postal order payable to Totepool for the amount staked in pounds or EUR (each postal entry costs pounds 12 or EUR15). Payment in other currencies cannot be accepted. Cash should be sent only by guaranteed delivery.
Post your entry form, together with the remittance to cover your total stake, to arrive by no later than noon on Friday, May 4 to: Tote Ten to Follow, PO Box 116, Wigan, WN3 4WW.
Please note that postal entries cannot be monitored online.
Bonus horse window You can add two free selections to each entry, taken from the official list of 250 horses, during the bonus horse window (open from 9am on Sunday, July 8 until 6pm on Friday, July 13).
MY TEN TO FOLLOW Jim McGrath 1001 Akeed Mofeed 1021 Bated Breath 1137 Maybe 1160 Parish Hall 1036 Camelot 1064 Discourse 1091 Frankel 1187 Saddler's Rock 1191 Sea Moon 1227 Top Offer Each celebrity receives a free entry into the Ten to Follow, with any winnings going to charity. The highest-scoring celebrity wins a case of champagne, donated by the Racing Post Points scored by your two additional selections qualify for points from Saturday, July 21 (King George day at Ascot). The highest-scoring ten horses from 12 selections will then count as your entry.
Online entrants can add their two bonus horses at ttf.totesport.com.
Postal entrants will be sent a form to add their additional selections, which must be returned to arrive no later than 6pm on Friday, July 13. Postal entrants cannot add bonus selections online.
Scoring 1. Selections count when winning Flat races (excluding NH Flat races) during the period of the competition (May 5 to October 20) under the rules of racing in Great Britain or Ireland, Group races in France, Germany and Italy. 2. Each winning selection will be awarded points as follows: 25 pts in a Group 1 20 pts in a Group 2 race 15 pts in a Group 3 race 12 pts in a Listed race 10 pts in other races 3. An extra 25 pts will be awarded to the winner and 12 pts to the runner-up in each of these races: 2,0 Guineas 1m, 3yo, Newmarket, May 5 1,0 Guineas 1m, 3yo fillies, Newmarket, May 6 Oaks 1m4f, 3yo fillies, Epsom, June 1 Derby 1m4f, 3yo, Epsom, June 2 Queen Anne Stakes 1m, 4yo+, Royal Ascot, June 19 St James's Palace Stakes 1m, 3yo, Royal Ascot, June 19 Prince of Wales's Stakes 1m2f, 4yo+, Royal Ascot, June 20 Gold Cup 2m4f, 4yo+, Royal Ascot, June 21 Coronation Stakes 1m, 3yo fillies, Royal Ascot, June 2 Diamond Jubilee Stakes 6f, 3yo+, Royal Ascot, June 23 Irish Derby 1m4f, 3yo, Curragh, June 30 Eclipse Stakes 1m2f, 3yo+, Sandown, July 7 July Cup 6f, 3yo+, Newmarket, July 14 King George VI & Queen Elizabeth Stakes 1m4f, 3yo+, Ascot, July 21 Sussex Stakes 1m, 3yo+, Goodwood, August 1 International Stakes 1m21/2f, 3yo+, York, August 2 Nunthorpe Stakes 5f, 2yo+, York, August 24 Irish Champion Stakes 1m2f, 3yo+, Leopardstown, Sep 8 St Leger 1m61/2f, 3yo, Doncaster, September 15 Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe 1m4f, 3yo+, Longchamp, October 7 Champion Stakes 1m2f, 3yo+, Ascot, October 20 Queen Elizabeth II Stakes 1m, 3yo+, Ascot, October 20 Any of the above races rescheduled to take place outside the dates of the competition will not count.
4. In the event of a dead-heat, points will be divided by the number of horses dead-heating, with fractions rounded down. No points will be awarded for a walkover. The official result on the day will be final with subsequent disqualifications disregarded. 5. Bonus points according to the official Tote/Pari-Mutuel win dividend odds, including a pounds 1 unit stake, will be awarded as follows to winning selections: pounds 4 to pounds 7 ............................4 Over pounds 7 up to pounds 11 ............7 Over pounds 11 up to pounds 16 ........11 Over pounds 16 up to pounds 22 ........16 Over pounds 22 up to pounds 29 ........22 Over pounds 29 up to pounds 37 ........29 Over pounds 37 ........................37 In the event of no Tote win dividend being declared, the starting price will determine any bonus points. Should neither a Tote win dividend nor a starting price be returned, bonus points will not apply.
Prize-money The Ten to Follow competition is operated as a pool by Totepool. Entry forms are available from Totepool, Betfred and Racing Post publications, or online at ttf.totesport.com.
All stake money will be aggregated and paid out in dividends after a 30 per cent deduction to cover administration and expenses etc.
pounds 70,000 will be allocated for five monthly prizes and special dividends, with the balance divided as follows to the overall winners: WINNER 70%; 2nd 10%; 3rd 5%; 4th 4.5%; 5th 3%; 6th 2.5%; 7th 2%; 8th 1.5%; 9th 1%; 10th 0.5%.
Seven dividends of pounds 10,000 will be paid to the entry scoring most points during the following periods: May (5-31 inclusive); Royal Ascot (June 19-23); June; July; August; September; and October 1-20 inc.
In the event of a tie for any place, the dividends concerned will be shared.
Helpline If you need help with your entry call the helpline on 0800 666 160.
Mini-leagues In addition to entering the Ten to Follow competition, online entrants can create a mini-league for friends, families, pubs or clubs. To set up a mini-league, appoint a member of your group as the organiser, who, when completing an internet entry, will register your mini-league.
After completing an online entry and registering a mini-league name, the organiser will be provided with a unique PIN that will be required to gain future access to the mini-league leaderboard.
The organiser can then inform other group members of the mini-league PIN as they will need it when making their own online entries. Rules 1.You must be aged 18 or over to enter and may be required to provide proof of age before receiving payment of any winnings.
2. Entries are accepted subject to independent age verification checks, and by placing an entry you authorise Totepool to undertake any such age verification as may be required to confirm that you are aged 18 or over. If age cannot be verified the entry will be void.
3. The competition is operated by Totepool, whose head office is Westgate House, Chapel Lane, Wigan WN3 4HS. 4. Selections cannot be changed or cancelled after an entry has been placed.
5. Members of staff (or their immediate families) of Totepool, Betfred or Racing Post publications are not eligible to enter. 6. Only horses contained in the list are eligible and must be entered by reference numbers. Entries with horse names are not accepted.
7. Should a selection be duplicated in any one line, points will only be awarded once with the repeated selection disregarded. Where a selection number is illegible, capable of dual interpretation or is not contained in the list, the selection will be void and the remaining selections will count.
8. Entries containing fewer than ten selections will count for the number of selections made. Where more than ten selections are stated in one line, the first ten will count, with the rest disregarded.
9. Where the remittance is insufficient to cover the number of entries required, the amount received will be allocated to entries in the order of processing, with any remaining entries void. 10. The names of winners/leaders will be published in the Racing Post and at ttf.totesport.com; any disagreement with the published list must be made in writing and received within five days of the publication date at: Tote Ten to Follow, PO Box 116, Wigan WN3 4WW, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Claims received after this five-day period or telephone enquiries will not be considered. 11. The leaderboard will be published in the Racing Post each Tuesday and Friday of the competition and also at ttf.totesport.com.
12. Totepool, Betfred and the publishers of the Racing Post do not accept any responsibility for non-receipt of entries. Proof of posting will not be taken as proof of delivery.
13. Totepool reserves the right to refuse or disqualify any entries which, in its sole opinion, do not comply with any of the information stated herein. In all cases the decision of Totepool is final.
14. Once accepted, entries are non-refundable. 15. Totepool/Betfred betting rules apply to any point not covered above.
Cirrus Des Aigles: the likely popular selection runs in France today
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||The Racing Post (London, England)|
|Date:||Apr 29, 2012|
|Previous Article:||BANKERS OR BLOWOUTS? Racing Post tipping experts assess the prospects of ten of the potentially most popular choices in this year's competition.|
|Next Article:||THE KEY 50 HORSES; There are 250 horses in this year's Flat competition, but James Hill reckons you should concentrate on these 50 'Fame And Glory...|