Engine sparks worry.
Firefighters were forced to break into a garage on Hedgeley Road, West Denton, Newcastle, after a passer-by phoned police when she heard a car engine running inside.
Fire crews from West Denton Fire Station were called to the scene, at around 10.55pm on Wednesday.
It was feared there could be someone inside trying to take their own life using the car fumes.
But on arrival it was discovered that the car's engine had been left running by mistake. Firefighters broke into the garage and turned off the engine.
A spokesman for West Denton Fire Station said: "The police asked us to attend so we had to break into the garage.
"On route we were fearing the worst. But when we got there it was a locked garage. One of the residents had noticed the car engine running and was concerned."
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Evening Chronicle (Newcastle, England)|
|Date:||Jul 25, 2008|
|Previous Article:||Swiping sweets turns sour for pint-sized crook; Burglar caught with hospital's confectionery.|
|Next Article:||Parents pay tribute to their lost babies; CHILDREN IN UNMARKED GRAVES REMEMBERED WITH MEMORIAL.|