Energy and Renewable Energy the Focus of German American Business Forum Dialogue Session.
Participants at the dialogue session, moderated by Robert Clark, Deputy Director (U.S.) of the GABF, discussed the following:
- The juxtaposition of the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, the approval of the first U.S. offshore wind farm and the operational status of Germany's first offshore wind farm.
- The geopolitical and technical aspects of energy supplies for the U.S. and German markets.
- The expected impact of advances in natural gas recovery technologies on the drive to implement renewable energy strategies.
- Renewable energy strategies and adoption in command- versus market-driven economies, and the impact to U.S. and Germany energy-related companies.
- The transatlantic business outlook for energy-related industries in exploration, generation and consumption.
"Energy and renewables are important and dynamic aspects of the business bridge between the U.S. and Germany, both from the perspective of the relative domestic considerations and the transatlantic trade in renewable technologies," said Mr. Clark. "Sharing experiences and perspectives generated insights, ideas and definite ways forward for the dialogue session attendees."
Participants included Peter H. Dehnen, President of the GABF, and members of the American and German-American business communities, including a representative from the Greater Washington Initiative.
GABF Dialogue Sessions are invitation-only events; limited in size to ensure serious discussions and cross-cultural understanding on topical issues between all the participants.
The GermanAmericanBusinessForum in Washington, D.C. is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to strengthen the bridge supporting U.S.-German business relations.
GermanAmericanBusinessForum in Washington, D.C.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||PR.com (Press Releases)|
|Date:||May 21, 2010|
|Previous Article:||Replay Helps IT Solution Provider Reduce Clients' Recovery Time from 2+ Days to Just Minutes.|
|Next Article:||Plus One's Brian Baker Receives Business Journal's '40 Under 40' Leadership Award.|