ACCES I/O Products (San Diego, CA), introduces its newest PC/104 board-the 104-QUAD-8 Series. The PC/104 quadrature input boards can be used in embedded motion control, instrumentation, robotics, industrial machinery, process control and monitoring. Digital filtering, interrupts, and flexible programming of the LSI/CSI 24-bit dual axis quadrature counter LS7266R1 are included as well. The 8 pins per channel are accessed via 2 34-pin IDC type headers, which include a resettable 0.5-A fused 5-V output and ground pair to power most common encoders. Key features of the 104QUAD-8 include:
* 4, 6 or 8 channels of quadrature encoder and channel index inputs
* A required +5 V at 260 mA.
* A 16-bit pass-through PC/104 connector for system development and integration.
* 3 differential channels per encoder, including dual axis and index.
* Resettable fused +5 VDC available per channel.
* Input ranges of [+ or -] 25 V and [+ or -] 7 V common mode.
* A 4.3 MHz maximum clock rate with digital filtering.
* A 24-bit dual axis quadrature counter LS7266R1 with selectable X1, X2 or X4 decoding modes.
* Individual software reset for each channel.
* An optional -40[degrees] to 85[degrees]C operating temperature.