Ellen DeGeneres 'Confirms' First Tell-All Interview With Prince Harry And Meghan Markle.
Since Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced their bombshell decision to step back as senior royals earlier this January, rumors have been circulating that the Duke and Duchess are in talks with Ellen DeGeneres for a tell-all post-royal life interview. The U.S. host recently appeared to have confirmed the news, but a recent development in this story suggests fans can only hope.
Several reports surfaced over the weekend claiming that DeGeneres' interview with (https://www.marieclaire.co.uk/news/celebrity-news/meghan-markle-interview-ellen-degeneres-682986) Prince Harry and Meghan had already been set in stone. Asked about it, an excited DeGeneres reportedly acknowledged the reports, saying on-camera, "Sure, I'm excited."
"Ellen and Meghan have already discussed a sit-down interview," the reports quoted a source as saying. "That has been in the works for quite some time now." The source also added that Meghan had chosen Ellen to do the interview because she knew the T.V. host understands her pain and suffering. "That she epitomizes authenticity. Meghan feels like they are kindred spirits," the source allegedly said.
The source also noted that Oprah was interested to do Prince Harry and Meghan's first tell-all interview, so DeGeneres getting the first shot at it would go to put Oprah's nose out of joint. "After all, Oprah wooed Meghan's mother by having her spend the day in Montecito, wrangled an invite to the wedding and has been pretty vocal in her support of the couple's decision to break away," said the source.
Despite these reports, however, a more recent report suggests that Prince Harry and Meghan have yet to arrange any interview with anyone. It turned out that when (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7928187/Ellen-DeGeneres-appears-confirm-hold-sit-interview-Meghan-Markle.html) Ellen DeGeneres said "Sure, I'm excited," she was on the phone and was trying to get rid of the photographer who was following her down the street on foot.
On Sunday, a royal insider said that reports of an interview with Prince Harry and Meghan were "categorically untrue." For now, there are no plans for Prince Harry and Meghan to give any interviews as they are both in Canada and it's unclear when they will be returning to the U.K.