Eight questions for superintendents.
2. Do you know what the Response to Intervention process is and how it should integrate with Early Intervening Services?
3. Are your teachers using data, including effective progress monitoring practices, to inform their instruction?
4. What research-based interventions are being used with struggling/at risk learners in your district?
5. Are you ensuring that your RTI initiative is a collaborative effort with curriculum directors in strategic leadership positions?
6. Do you have a plan for continued professional development to ensure success of your district's implementation of RTI?
7. Are you aware of the research that demonstrates the potential benefits of RTI implementation in student behavior as well as academic performance?
8. Do you have data to show whether RTI is impacting student progress and the number of referrals to special education?
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Jun 1, 2008|
|Previous Article:||Welcome to Achievement Today: a special look at RTI.|
|Next Article:||About Spectrum K12 school solutions.|
|Clinton man among superintendent candidates for Berlin-Boylston post.|
|Long search finally ends; Deputy superintendent chosen.|
|Interim school job `uplifting'; Loughlin enjoying the challenges of being superintendent.|