HEIDENHAIN introduces the new MANUALplus 620 contouring control for CNC and cvcle lathes. With tiffs new control and its increased functions, now both cycle and CNC lathes can effectively be handled. According to the company, new product highlights include:
* A new NC kernel with a cycle programming feature that enables the machinist to program and machine work pieces without having to write NC programs.
* A new Smart. Turn programming mode that allows inputs of working blocks-Smart. Turn supplements programming on cycle based lathes and also allows work with standard CNC lathes.
* 3 programming modes for the user, including cycle, Smart. Turn and DIN PLUS programming.
* Contours that can be described with ICP interactive graphics in all programming modes.
* A design for lathes with a spindle, 1 slide (X- and Z-axis), 1 C-axis or 1 positionable spindle and a driven tool.
* Suitability for use on horizontal and vertical lathes.
* Support for simple tool holders and turrets.
* The implementation of a tool (up to 250 tools) and technology database.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||New Products: Motion Control|
|Publication:||Product Design & Development|
|Date:||May 1, 2008|
|Previous Article:||Spring-set brakes for compact spaces.|
|Next Article:||Constant torque over many speeds.|