Economics of Culture and Institutions.
* Alberto Alesina, Harvard University and NBER; Johann Harnoss, University of Lille; and Hillel Rapoport, Bar-Ilan University, "Birthplace Diversity and Economic Prosperity" (NBER Working Paper No. 18699)
* Saumitra Jha, Stanford University, and Alberto Diaz-Cayeros, University of California, San Diego, "Does Contract Failure Foster Ethnic Assimilation? Evidence from Cochineal in Mexico"
* David Atkin, Yale University and NBER, "The Caloric Costs of Culture: Evidence from Indian Migrants"
* Shang-Jin Wei, Columbia University and NBER; Xiaobo Zhang, International Food Policy Research Institute; and Yin Liu, Tsinghua University, "Status Competition and Housing Prices" (NBER Working Paper No. 18000)
* Davide Ticchi and Andrea Vindigni, IMT Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca, and Thierry Verdier, Paris-Jourdan Sciences Economiques, "Democracy, Dictatorship and the Cultural Transmission of Political Values"
* Robert Akerlof, University of Warwick, "Duty, Anger, and Compliance"
* Christine Binzel, University of Heidelberg, and Jean-Paul Carvalho, University of California, Irvine, "Education, Social Mobility, and Religious Movements: A Theory of the Islamic Revival in Egypt"
Summaries of these papers may be found at: http://www.nber.org/confer/2013/CIs13/summary.html
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Article Type:||Brief article|
|Date:||Jun 22, 2013|
|Previous Article:||Twenty-eighth Annual Conference on Macroeconomics.|
|Next Article:||Innovation Policy and the Economy.|