EUROPEAN DIARY: UPCOMING CONFERENCES.
* EUROCADRES Congress 2005: November 23-24, Brussels. The Congress of European professional and managerial staff, which meets every four years, will review past actions carried out by EUROCADRES and identify its priorities for the future. The Congress will also see the launch of the "StartPro" initiative, which deals with the transition from student to professional life. Information: Dirk Ameel - Tel: +32 2 224 07 30 - E-mail: email@example.com
* Public Authorities-Financial Institutions Partnership for Promoting Fundamental Rights in Europe: Conference organised by the "Reseau Financement Alternatif", on November 25 in Brussels. Conference seeks to highlight best practices from cross Europe, focus on the challenges of such partnerships and assess the outlook for the future. Registration obligatory. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Integrated Farming-A Success Story Sustainable Development in European Agriculture: Conference organised by EISA (European Initiative for Sustainable Development in Agriculture), November 29, Brussels. The event, under the patronage of Agriculture Commissioner Mariann Fischer Boel, aims to raise the profile of "Integrated Farming" as a holistic, sustainable farming system across Europe. Information: www.sustainable-agriculture.org - E-mail: email@example.com - Tel: +32 2 660 82 14
* 2005 EU Descartes Prize for Research and Science Communication: December 1-2 at the Royal Society, London. The prizes, worth euro 1,150,000 and euro 275,000 recognise excellence in trans-national collaborative research and outstanding achievements in communicating science to the wider public. To include a press conference with EU Commissioner for Science and Research, Janez Potocnik. Information: http://europa.eu.int/comm/research/descartes/index_en.htm
* The Business Climate in Europe: Bullish or Bearish?: Presentation of Eurochambres 2006 Economic Survey, December 2, European Economic and Social Committee, Brussels. Information: www.eurochambres.be - Tel: +32 2 282 08 66 - Fax: +32 2 230 00 38
* Education to Entrepreneurship and the European Education Market: December 7, Eastman Building, Rue Belliard, Brussels. Conference organised by the SME Union, the European Enterprise Institute, EuroCommerce and Intel. Education Commissioner Jan Figel and Commission SME Envoy Maive Rute will address the conference. Information: www.sme-union.org - Tel: +32 2 233 38 33 - Fax: +32 2 230 92 18
* European Noise at Work Summit: December 12, Bilbao. Summit will mark the end of the European Week for Health and Safety at Work. It will bring together health and safety experts, practitioners and policymakers from across Europe to discuss the challenges and future strategies for better control of noise at work. EU Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities Vladimir Spidla to attend. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org