ERA announces 2009-2011 product panel.
ERA, which offers a collaborative purchasing opportunity to provide free public access to quality online information, now has over 1100 libraries taking up subscriptions, either individually or collectively.
ERA provides all Australian libraries with the opportunity to purchase online resources for their users through an 'opt in' model where resources are selected through a competitive process. ERA aims to 'Deliver access for Australians to quality resources through their libraries'. It provides a national approach, managed by and for all Australian libraries for their users.
The 2009-2011 Product Panel was announced at ERA's annual Members Forum on 25 March 2009 and includes 25 products from eight participating vendors. Pricing for the new product panel will be confirmed on 17 April through the 2009 Product Poll and libraries can subscribe to these products from 1 July 2009.
Library and sectoral representatives, participating vendors and the ERA Executive Committee met in Canberra for the annual forum and to discuss the future direction of ERA, including the financial and governance framework and marketing of e-resources.
Guest speaker was Wendy Quihampton, Project Manager 'Re-imagining' Australian Library Services.
Minutes and papers presented at the forum will be available on the ERA website http://era.nla.gov.au/governance/2009memberforum.html from 15 April 2009.
2009 ERA Product Panel
Australian News & Business Information
* ABI/INFORM Complete[TM] (ProQuest LLC)
* Asian Business & Reference[TM] (ProQuest LLC)
* Informit Business Collection (RMIT Publishing)
* ProQuest[R] Australia & New Zealand Newsstand (ProQuest LLC)
Academic Research Library[TM] (ProQuest LLC)
* Britannica Online (Encyclopaedia Britannica Australia Pty Ltd)--various editions
* eLibrary[R] Australasia (ProQuest LLC)
* Macquarie Dictionary & Thesaurus Online (Macquarie Dictionary Publishers Pty Ltd)
* MacquarieNet (Macquarie Dictionary Publishers Pty Ltd)
* World Book Web (Forward Learning Pty Ltd)--various editions
* Health & Medical Complete[TM] (ProQuest LLC)
* Health & Wellness Resource Center(Cengage Learning Australia Pty Ltd)
* Health Reference Center Academic (Cengage Learning Australia Pty Ltd)
* Speaking from Experience (Cengage Learning Australia Pty Ltd)
Humanities & Social Sciences
* Australian Public Affairs Full Text (RMIT Publishing)
* Bloom's Literary Reference Online (Warner Books Pty Ltd)
* Global Issues in Context (Cengage Learning Australia Pty Ltd)
* Good Reading Magazine Online (Good Reading Magazine Pty Ltd
* Informit Humanities & Social Sciences Collection (RMIT Publishing)
* Literature Resource Center(Cengage Learning Australia Pty Ltd)
* Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center (Cengage Learning Australia Pty Ltd)
Science & Technology
* ProQuest Science Journals (ProQuest LLC)
* Science Online (Warner Books Pty Ltd)
* Science Resource Center(Cengage Learning Australia Pty Ltd)
* Today's Science (Warner Books Pty Ltd)
For more information on the products offered through ERA visit our website at era.nla.gov.au/product_list/.
ERA Executive Officer
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Electronic Resources Australia|
|Publication:||National Library of Australia Gateways|
|Date:||Apr 1, 2009|
|Previous Article:||Significant milestone for Australian research repository community achieved.|
|Next Article:||Coming soon, 'trail blazing', a new picture Australia feature.|