ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES AND MANAGEMENT OF WASTE IN ENERGY AND MINERAL PRODUCTION.
This Symposium on Environmental Issues and Waste Management in Energy and Mineral Production (SWEMP) is the sixth of a series of biannual symposia on the subject matter.
It was last held in Calgary in 1992 (second of the series). The third and fourth SWEMP were held in Australia and Italy, respectively. The fifth SWEMP was held in Turkey in 1998. In view of the expressed interest of professionals from around the world, this series of symposia has become a biennial event. The next three symposia have been scheduled: Cagliari, Italy, in 2002, Ankara, Turkey, in 2004, and New Delhi, India, in 2006.
A wide range of high-quality papers from North and South America, Europe, Australia, Africa, and Asia have covered are:
* Environmental impact assessment, permitting, and management
* Waste management practices
* Environmental issues in open-pit and underground mining
* Emerging technologies for environmental protection
* Mine site closure
* Tailings disposal and rehabilitation
* Acid mine drainage
* Environmental impact
* National reports
* Computer modeling and applications
* Waste characterization and modeling.
Environmental Issues and Management of Waste in Energy and Mineral Production, edited by Raj. K. Singhal and Anil K. Mehrotra, is available for Eur105 through A.A. Balkema, P.O. Box 1675, 3000 BR Rotterdam, Netherlands.