Printer Friendly

EMULEX CORP. OFFERS SYNOPSIS OF REMARKS AT THE CRUTTENDEN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA GROWTH STOCK CONFERENCE

 NEWPORT BEACH, Calif., Feb. 18 /PRNewswire/ -- The following is a summary of a presentation made by Costa Mesa, Calif.-based Emulex Corp. (NASDAQ-NMS: EMLX) today at the Cruttenden Southern California Growth Stock Conference.
 Primary Business
 Emulex Corp. provides high-performance solutions for managing the flow of data between computers and peripheral equipment.
 Network Systems designs, manufactures and markets network products that connect peripheral devices and host computers to the network.
 EMD designs and markets advanced, system-level computer circuits that perform complex control functions in high performance personal computers, workstations and peripheral devices.
 Market Overview
 Marketing worldwide, Emulex serves both OEMs and corporate network integrators, as well as utilizing indirect channels of distribution. Revenues for the Network Systems business are derived equally from international and domestic sources. Approximately 70 percent of EMD revenues consist of U.S. exports, with the remaining 30 percent from domestic sources.
 Emulex employs 544 individuals worldwide with 105 in the Micro Device division, 162 in the Network Systems division, 203 in manufacturing and 74 in general and administration.
 Highlights
 In June 1992 the company discontinued the DEC storage business. Continuing operations consist of two divisions focusing on high growth opportunities. The EMD business targets the SCSI, video and buffer controller markets, while the Network Systems business targets the PC, Novell and Unix markets. This refocusing of Emulex has significantly strengthened overall financial performance.
 Emulex has a long history of technological innovation. In 1983, Emulex developed the first communication co-processor for personal computers. Also in 1983, Emulex became a charter member of the SCSI Standard Committee. In 1990, Emulex developed the first Fast-SCSI chip, followed in 1992 by the first 16-bit Fast and Wide SCSI-2 chip. Also in 1992, the company unveiled the first triple-protocol (MIO) printer server adding Novell NetWare compatibility followed in 1993 by the release of the first quad-protocol (MIO) printer server.
 The company's priority is customer satisfaction with superior quality products and services, innovative application of technology and responsiveness to customer needs.
 The company's intent is to do a few things very well. Naturally, those few things need to be in growth markets. In each market, the company enters with an eye toward domination, becoming first or second in market share.
 -0- 2/18/93
 /CONTACT: Bob L. Corey, 714-668-6680, or Michael Manning, 714-668-5344, both of Emulex Corp.
 (EMLX)


CO: Emulex Corp. ST: California IN: CPR SU:

MS-LS -- LA002 -- 7689 02/18/93 08:48 EST
COPYRIGHT 1993 PR Newswire Association LLC
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 1993 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:PR Newswire
Date:Feb 18, 1993
Words:402
Previous Article:VANS INC. OFFERS SYNOPSIS OF REMARKS AT CRUTTENDEN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA GROWTH STOCK CONFERENCE
Next Article:AUDRE RECOGNITION SYSTEMS OFFER SYNOPSIS OF REMARKS AT THE CRUTTENDEN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA GROWTH STOCK CONFERENCE
Topics:


Related Articles
IRVINE SENSORS OFFERS SYNOPSIS OF REMARKS AT THE CRUTTENDEN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA GROWTH STOCK CONFERENCE
HANSEN NATURAL CORP. OFFERS SYNOPSIS OF REMARKS AT THE CRUTTENDEN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA GROWTH STOCK CONFERENCE
AUDRE RECOGNITION SYSTEMS OFFER SYNOPSIS OF REMARKS AT THE CRUTTENDEN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA GROWTH STOCK CONFERENCE
PACIFIC PHYSICIAN SERVICES OFFERS SYNOPSIS OF REMARKS AT CRUTTENDEN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA GROWTH STOCK CONFERENCE
ARMOR ALL PRODUCTS CORP., SMART & FINAL INC. AND PDA ENGINEERING RECEIVE AWARD FOR BEST GROWTH
NEWPORT BEACH BROKERAGE FIRM HIGHLIGHTS PUBLIC AND PRIVATE EMERGING GROWTH STOCK COMPANIES IN NATIONAL TWO-DAY CONFERENCE
INVESTING IN CALIFORNIA; CRUTTENDEN BRINGS TOGETHER INVESTORS/GROWING COMPANIES
GROWTH STOCK CONFERENCE SLATED FEB. 14
CRUTTENDEN CONFERENCE ATTRACTS INVESTORS, GROWING COMPANIES
Cruttenden Roth Growth Stock Conference Set.

Terms of use | Copyright © 2017 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters