Printer Friendly

E.coli baby family: Give us answers; TRAGEDY.

THE parents of a premature baby who died after catching E.coli in hospital believe they are being kept in the dark.

Hope Evans died on November 4, aged just five days old, but her family has yet to hear how she caught the deadly stomach bug.

Grandmother Valerie Evans, 66, said Hope's parents Neil, 39, and Janette, 35, of Aberdare, South Wales, were at their wits' end.

She added: "They are distraught and don't know what's going on."

Hope was one of two babies who died after catching E.coli at Singleton Hospital in Swansea. Three infected adults are recovering.

The hospital promised an external review of its management of the cross infection once it has completed its own probe into the cause.
COPYRIGHT 2011 MGN LTD
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2011 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:The Mirror (London, England)
Geographic Code:4EUUK
Date:Nov 24, 2011
Words:124
Previous Article:DAD-DANCING AT 65; Fiancee, 39, having star's third child..
Next Article:'Sex crazed' loner killed Riviera Brit; COURT.
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters