Drunken assaults; COURT CASEBOOK.
A man has been banned by a sheriff from entering two Dumfries nightclubs until the outcome of a case in which he faces charges of assault.
Matthew Gunn, 28, from South Shields, admitted behaving in a threatening manner at the weekend TheVenue ANDCHANCERs as well as at Church Crescent, staring at a group of women and following them and at Munches Street shouting at them and threatening them.
He also admitted that at Munches Street he assaulted one woman by punching her and similarly assaulted another man.
The sheriff at Dumfries was told that the group had been celebrating a 22nd birthday when Gunn tried to join their company.
Solicitor Jacquie Latham said Gunn was working in the area and was due to be here for just another five weeks. He had been"very drunk"and had little recollection of the evening.
Sheriff Brian Mohan deferred sentence for a month and imposed the nightclub bans.
| A 24-year-old man who had been staying at a female relative's house in Sanquhar was told to get out because of his drinking.
But Samuel Wilson stubbornly refused to leave resulting in the woman calling the police. The sheriff at Dumfries was told that before the arrival of officers, Wilson became abusive and made threats of violence while in possession of a knife.
Wilson admitted behaving in a threatening manner and refusing to leave the house at Howie's Road in Sanquhar at the weekend despite repeated requests to do so.
A solicitor underlined the fact THATWILSON would not be welcome back at the property.
Sheriff Brian Mohan deferred sentence for three months and warned Wilson to be of good behaviour.
| An 81-year-old man has been accused in court at Dumfries of behaving in a threatening manner towards a woman and assaulting her to her severe injury.
RobertWilson, of Arnott Terrace, Dumfries, pleaded not guilty to shouting and swearing at the woman on February 20 and repeatedly striking her on the head with a rolled up newspaper and punching her on the body.
Trial was set for April.
| A 37-year-old man will face trial at Dumfries Sheriff Court in June on charges of failing to provide two breath specimens and failing to give his personal details to police.
Mawande Mabaso, from Stockton ONTEEs, pleaded not guilty to committing the offences at the Loreburn Street Police Station at the weekend and also failing to provide his personal details at the Cuckoo Bridge Retail Park. Trial was set for June and sentence on two further charges of driving without the appropriate licence and using a car without insurance, which he admitted, were deferred to the same date.
With him in the dock was 34-year-old Ronald Ndora, from Newcastle, who admitted failing to provide his personal details to the police and giving them false details. He was made the subject of a community payback order with a condition he carry out 60 hours unpaid work.