Dr.Explain 4.9 Creates "Viral" User Manuals and Software Help Systems.
Dr.Explain is based on a unique interface analysis and screen capture system. Thanks to this system, Dr.Explain can automatically analyze an application's user interface, take screenshots of all controls (including buttons, menus, lists, and editable areas), and then add explanatory callouts to all images in the draft help system. After that, all one needs to do is add descriptions to the callouts, and save the result in the HTML, CHM, RTF, or PDF format.
Dr.Explain is successfully used for creating user manuals by tens of thousands of software developers all over the world, including startups and major firms like Hewlett-Packard, Lockheed Martin, NEC, Fujitsu, Bosch, HSBC, and Michelin.
What's new in Dr.Explain 4.9
In addition to the features available in the previous version, version 4.9 offers some new ones:
• New interactive design of online user manuals. The modern style, a number of ready-made color schemes, and flexible settings for creating a unique design let one easily make the online user manual an integral part of the corporate or product website.
• Social media optimization (SMO) of user manuals. In the new version of Dr.Explain, some tools have been added for promoting software products through social networks. A software developer can add the “Like” (Facebook), “Google +1”, “Tweet”, or other buttons to the pages of the online user manual. Users that like some feature of the software product can easily create posts about it in their social networks, so that their friends will quickly learn about the application via a news feed.
• User generated content. Now Dr.Explain can add widgets for commenting on Facebook or Disqus (the most popular content commenting platform) to a help system in order to provide instant feedback from software product users and create a strong “viral” effect. This way, information about the product can easily spread over social networks even without any efforts on the software developer's part, creating a brand recognition effect.
• Adding videos to user manuals. Dr.Explain provides a handy tool for adding videos from YouTube and other popular video hosting services to user manuals, which will make the help system even more vivid, informative, and illustrative.
• Instant PDF preview. The quick PDF preview feature lets one easily preview pages without fully exporting the help project to the PDF format.
Pricing and Availability
Dr.Explain 4.9 can be used on a PC with Microsoft Windows XP, 2003, Vista, 7, or 8.
Indigo Byte Systems
Contact via Email
Read the full story here: http://www.pr.com/press-release/494213
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||PR.com (Press Releases)|
|Date:||May 31, 2013|
|Previous Article:||Innkeeper's Lodge Selects RateTiger to Optimise Price Strategy.|
|Next Article:||RecordClick Adds Editorial Services to Assist Customers in Creating Historical Narratives.|