Don't miss the game!
That is because the U.S. has several time zones. The world is divided into 24 time zones--one for each hour in the day.
Traveling east, you set your watch one hour later when you enter a new time zone. Traveling west, you set it one hour earlier for each time zone.
Time-zone boundaries fall near every 15 degrees of longitude, beginning with 0 degrees at Greenwich, England. The boundaries zigzag to allow nearby communities to be in the same zone.
This map shows the U.S. time zones, and the location of each National Football League (NFL) team.
1. What time would fans in San Diego, California, tune in to see the Super Bowl kickoff?
2. What time would fans in Hawaii tune in?
3. You live in Denver and have tickets to the Super Bowl game in Miami. How should you adjust your watch by the time you reach Miami?
4. The eastern boundary of the Mountain Time Zone is closest to which line of longitude?
5. The Bears clinched their second-straight division title on December 3, 2006. In which time zone do they play?
6. A Cardinals game in Arizona ends at 5:30 p.m. local time. What time is that in New York City?
7. Which team plays its home games on the 105[degrees]W line of longitude?
8. Most NFL teams are based in which time zone?
9. Alaska's Aleutian Islands are in the same time zone as what other state?
10. Most of Texas is in the Central Time Zone. Which part is located in a different time zone?
1. 3 p.m.
2. 1 p.m.
3. Set it 2 hours later.
6. 7:30 p.m.
7. Denver Broncos
10. westernmost corner
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Jan 8, 2007|
|Previous Article:||People smart.|
|Next Article:||News IQ.|
|Brooks prepared to bounce back.|
|Junior Scholastic index.|
|Planning calendar: January 8-May 14, 2007.|