Don't miss the Financial Institutions Conference Aug. 18 in Columbus: the current environment is by far the most challenging financial institutions have faced in 70 years--their customers, shareholders, regulators, legislators and taxpayers all have unique issues and needs.
To help, OSCPA's 2009 Financial Institutions Conference Aug. 18 in Columbus is a guidance and solutions resource on everything from commercial real estate trends to regulatory risk management.
"This conference provides professionals in the banking industry with a full day of insight, proven strategies and ready-to-use tools that are focused on helping them manage complex issues through these difficult times," said Boyd Search, vice president, Education & Training. "Plus, it offers plenty of opportunities to network with other professionals who are dealing with the same challenges they are."
KEY TOPICS ON THE AGENDA INCLUDE:
* Local and national economic outlook
* Putting Ohio financial institutions in a positive light
* Fair value developments
* The impact of IFRS on the banking industry
* Opportunities for community banks in the current climate
* Commercial real estate outlook in the Midwest
* Managing fixed-income investments in today's changing market
* Employee retention and motivation strategies
* Regulatory and other potential risk issues facing Ohio financial institutions
* The outlook for bank stocks and the bank M&A market
* Upcoming and potential changes in tax
* Risk management challenges and solutions
If you're a CPA or financial professional working in a financial institution, or you're a CPA serving banking clients, you should mark the conference date on your calendar. Watch your mail, e-mail and www.ohioscpa.com for more information.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Catalyst (Dublin, Ohio)|
|Article Type:||Conference news|
|Date:||Jul 1, 2009|
|Previous Article:||Society's CPE season keeps ahead of turbulent times.|
|Next Article:||Customizable breadth of topics drives CPAs to Ohio Accounting Shows.|