Do you need paint primer?
IVE SOT TO SO MIX UP SOME PRIMER BEFORE I PAINT THE AGPU.
HANG ON, SOLDIER!
YOUR MIXING DAYS ARE OVER!
MIL-PRF-53022 TYPE V PRIMER NOW COMES IN AEROSOL SPRAY CANS.
THE AEROSOL PRIMER COMES IN TWO DIFFERENT SIZES. NSN 8010-01-610-7329 BRINGS A BOX OF SIX 13 8 1/2-OZ CANS.
FOLLOW THESE FIVE EASY STEPS FOR SPRAYING THE PRIMER ... ANP NSN
1. Remove red button from the cap.
2. Attach it to the pin at the bottom of the can.
3. Use the ball of your hand or a hard stable surface to push on the red cap, depressing it into the can until the stop is reached.
The plastic pin should move easily when pushed after the red button is removed. To prevent foreign object damage (FOD), discard the red plastic button.
4. Invert the can and shake vigorously for two to three minutes to mix hardener base. Follow the primer's label instructions for how long you should let the primer stand before application.
Before using the primer, check the technical data sheet (TDS) and material safety data sheet (MSDS) for personal protective equipment you need to safely use the product.
Clean and prepare the surface using the application specification or work instruction. The distance from the spray nozzle to the surface should be 8-10 inches.
5. The rotating spray tip allows you to select either a vertical or a horizontal spray fan, but vertical works best. Use an overlapping stroke pattern for uniform application.
USING AN AEROSOL PRIMER IS SAFER ANP EASIER.
* The primer is chromate free.
* It comes pre-measured, so there's no need for measuring.
* There is no exposure during mixing and no need for disposal of liquid primer after mixing.
* The unused primer cures inside the can. In most states, that makes it solid waste instead of hazardous material.
* The primer speeds up the process of the coating system for touch-up painting.
FDR ALL PRIMER AND PAINT ISSUES, CHECK OUT TB 43-0242, WP CARC SPOT PAINTING.
THE PRIMER WILL BE ADDED IN THE NEXT CHANGE TO ...
TB 43-0242, WD CARC Spot Painting
TM 1-1500-344-23-2, Cleaning and Corrosion Control Aircraft
TM 43-0209 Color, Marking and Camouflage Painting of Military Vehicles, Construction Equipment and Materials Handling Equipment
TM 43-0139, Painting Instructions for Army Aircrft
NO MORE MIXINS INGREDIENTS AND MAKING A MESS, NOW YOU CAN JUST GRAB A CAN OF PRIMER AND GO TO WORK.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||AGSE ...|
|Publication:||PS, the Preventive Maintenance Monthly|
|Date:||Jan 1, 2014|
|Previous Article:||Beware the red glow!|
|Next Article:||Rolling with ground handling wheels.|