Dixie annual meeting offers many highlights.
* Industry Overview/Keynote by Ralph Feck, vice president of Operations at Georgia-Pacific Ricon Mill and immediate past president of PIMA
* People Development and Retention by Katherine Buckman Gibson, vice chairman of Buckman Laboratories and first affiliate vice chair of PIMA
* Industry Update by Peter Ruschmeier, senior vice president of Lehman Brothers
These and many more presentations are available at www.pimaweb.org.
Along with several educational sessions, many companies sponsored technical showcases that allowed supplier companies to present case studies and new products to attendees.
More than $6,000 in scholarships were given out to children of the following members:
* Phil Poole, Packaging Corp of America
* Don Wesson, Potlatch Corp.
* Jeff Scott, Rayonier
* Ellis Benson, Imerys
* Gerald Forrester
* Ronnie Brown
* Don Stewart, AstenJohnson
* Mark Nichols, Buckman Laboratories
The Dixie Sales Society would like to thank the following sponsors and showcase presenters:
PLATINUM: Buckman Laboratories* GOLD: Albany International* SILVER: AstenJohnson Bercen, Inc. Ciba Specialty Chemicals* Kemira Chemicals Voith Paper BRONZE: Coldwater Group* J & L Fiber Services* Thiele Kaolin INDIVIDUAL: Mac Beard Lynn Burch Bill Polhemus David Withers * indicates technical showcase presenters.
Special thanks go to Doug Howell, International Paper and Mike Mosley, Buckman Labs, for their service as Division chairs this year and Mark Nichols, Buckman Labs, president of the Dixie Sales Society.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||PIMA ASSOCIATION NEWS|
|Publication:||Solutions - for People, Processes and Paper|
|Date:||Dec 1, 2005|
|Previous Article:||Planning underway for PIMA's 2006 international leadership conference.|
|Next Article:||PIMA membership benefits.|