* Silvio DeNunzio of Richmond, Va., expelled from membership in the AICPA and the Virginia Society of CPAs, effective Apr. 8, 2002.
* Alan Dornfeld of Oakland, N.J., expelled from membership in the AICPA, effective Mar. 15, 2002.
* Ralph J. Genovese of Niagara Falls, N.Y., expelled from membership in the AICPA and the New York State Society of CPAs, effective Apr. 4, 2002.
As a result of decisions by hearing panels of the Joint Trial Board, the following members have had their AICPA memberships:
* Gerald R. Hinshaw of Minooka, Ill., effective Apr. 20, 2002.
* James C. Kamin of Chicago, effective Apr. 25, 2002.
* John R. Michel of Fairbanks, Alaska, effective Apr. 25, 2002.
Under the automatic disciplinary provisions of the Institute's bylaws, the following members have their AICPA memberships:
--Terminated because of final judgments of conviction for crimes punishable by imprisonment for more than one year:
* David B. Cohen of Cherry Hill, N.J., effective Apr. 3, 2002.
* Clark William Gordin of Modesto, Calif., effective Apr. 22, 2002.
* Richard H. Rosenthal of Boston, effective Apr. 22, 2002.
--Suspended following suspension of his CPA certificate by his state board of accountancy:
* Hideaki Ichinose of Tokyo, Japan, effective Mar. 28, 2002.
Details on these disciplinary actions can be accessed through:
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||accountant investigations/terminations|
|Article Type:||Brief Article|
|Date:||Jul 1, 2002|
|Previous Article:||Professional Ethics division issues exposure draft.|
|Next Article:||Happenings at spring Council meeting. (chair's corner).|