* Philip T. Rueth of Munster, Ind., suspended from membership in the AICPA and the Indiana Society of CPAs for one year, effective Nov. 14, 2006.
* Randy W. Shuman of Crown Point, Ind., admonished by the AICPA and the Indiana Society of CPAs, effective Nov. 4, 2006.
In lieu of investigations of alleged violations of the Codes of Professional Conduct of the AICPA and state CPA societies, the following ethics cases have been resolved by settlement agreement under the Joint Ethics Enforcement Program:
* Salvatore Censoprano of Foster City, Calif., expelled from membership in the AICPA, effective Dec. 11, 2006.
* Thomas J. Nolan of Palantine, Ill., suspended from membership in the AICPA and the Illinois CPA Society for one year, effective Oct. 9, 2006.
As a result of decisions by hearing panels of the Joint Trial Board, the following members have had their AICPA memberships:
* Phyllis B.C. Kramer of Huntington Woods, Mich., effective Dec. 15, 2006.
* Gregory E. Lively of Plano, Texas, effective Dec. 15, 2006.
* David S. Quindt of Houston, effective Dec. 15, 2006.
Under the automatic disciplinary provisions of the Institute's bylaws, the following members have had their AICPA memberships:--Suspended following suspension of their CPA certificate, license and/or permit to practice by their state boards of accountancy:
* Dennis D. Hamlet of Opelika, Ala., suspended coincident with the duration of the suspension period imposed by the state board of accountancy, effective Nov. 17, 2006.
* John A. LaRossa of New York suspended Nov. 17, 2006, through Dec. 5, 2006.
Details on these disciplinary actions can be accessed through:
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Feb 1, 2007|
|Previous Article:||Chair's corner.|
|Next Article:||AICPA initiatives for members: an update.|