* Weldon B. Brock of Nashville, Tenn., expelled from membership in the AICPA and the Tennessee Society of CPAs, effective Oct. 17, 2003.
* Larry L. Heiser of Worland, Wyo., admonished by the AICPA and the Wyoming Society of CPAs, effective Oct. 17, 2003.
As a result of decisions by hearing panels of the Joint Trial Board, the following members have had their AICPA memberships:
--Terminated following a denial by an ad hoc committee of the Joint Trial Board of a request for review of the decision of the original trial board:
* Lee L. Engel of Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., effective Dec. 8, 2003.
* William McBride III of Santa Barbara, Calif., effective Dec. 19, 2003.
* Peter F. Kuebler of Encinitas, Calif., effective Dec. 19, 2003.
Under the automatic disciplinary provisions of the Institute's bylaws, the following members have had their AICPA memberships:
--Terminated following revocation of their CPA certificate, license and/or permit to practice by their state boards of accountancy:
* John H. Carney of Worcester, Mass., effective Nov. 24, 2003.
* Danny A. Love of Concord, N.C., effective Nov. 24, 2003.
* Laurence M. Simon of Englishtown, N.J., effective Nov. 24, 2003.
--Suspended following suspension of her CPA license by the state board of accountancy:
* Veronica S. Carnes of Ossining, N.Y., effective Nov. 24, 2003.
Details on these disciplinary actions can be accessed through:
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Feb 1, 2004|
|Previous Article:||FASB now offers free audio webcasts of meetings, lower cost for telephone meetings.|
|Next Article:||Member firm expelled from SECPS.|