Devices improve performance reducing power consumption.
For more information and to order samples, visit http://www.ti.com/amc1200-pr.
The AMC1200 is a 4-kV peak isolated amplifier providing 80-percent better linearity and gain drift compared to competitive devices while reducing power consumption by 50 percent. The AMC1204 is a 20-MHz, externally-clocked, isolated delta-sigma modulator that provides 40-percent better linearity than the competition.
Key features and benefits
AMC1200 isolated amplifier: o High precision with a maximum non-linearity of 0.07 percent and gain drift of 56 ppm/C.
o Reduced power consumption with a low high-side supply current of no more than 8 mA at 5 V.
o Fully specified over the extended industrial temperature range of -40 to 105 degrees C, 20 degrees higher than competitive offerings.
o Easy connection to analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) and microcontrollers (MCUs) with 5-V or 3.3-V operation on the low side and self-adjusting common mode voltage.
* AMC1204 isolated delta-sigma modulator:
o Ultra-high accuracy with best-in-class non-linearity of +/- 8 LSB, maximum, and a digital output that allows designers to define digital filter characteristics based on system requirements.
o Includes an external clock interface to enable simultaneous measurement of multiple channels.
* Both devices provide high electromagnetic interference immunity and a robust isolation barrier certified by UL 1577 and IEC 60747-5-2 The AMC1204 is also CSA
*Tools and support*
TI offers a variety of tools and support to speed design for customers. Design tools for the AMC1200 include an evaluation module , as well as simulation models . An evaluation module and IBIS model are available for the AMC1204.
Engineers can also ask questions and help solve problems in the Precision Data Converter Forum in the TI E2E, Community .
*Availability, packaging and pricing *
The AMC1200 <http://www.ti.com/amc1200-pr> is available now in a 10-mm x 7-mm SOIC package for a suggested retail price of $2.20 in 1,000-unit quantities.
The AMC1204 <http://www.ti.com/amc1204-pr> is available now in a 10-mm x 10-mm SOIC package for a suggested retail price of $3.45 in 1,000-unit quantities.
*Complementary analog solutions*
Customers can speed time-to-market when combining the AMC1200 or AMC1204 with complementary products in TI's analog portfolio. Examples include:
* Data converters such as the dual, 16-bit ADS8363 SAR ADC <http://www.ti.com/ads8363-pr> and the quad-channel AMC1210 digital filter <http://www.ti.com/amc1210-pr>.
* Amplifiers such as the OPA333 zero drift operational amplifier and the INA333 precision instrumentation amplifier <http://www.ti.com/ina333-pr>.
* Power management <http://focus.ti.com/analog/docs/powerhome.tsp?familyId=64&contentType=4&DCMP=TIHeaderTracking&HQS=Other+OT+hdr_p_power>, such as the REF5050 low drift voltage reference <http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/ref5050.html>.
*Learn more about TI's * *precision data converter* <http://focus.ti.com/analog/docs/dataconvertershome.tsp?familyId=82&contentType=4&DCMP=TIHeaderTracking&HQS=Other+OT+hdr_p_dc> *portfolio by visiting the links below:*
* Order AMC1200 samples or evaluation module: www.ti.com/amc1200-pr <http://www.ti.com/amc1200-pr>.
* Order AMC1204 samples or evaluation module: www.ti.com/amc1204-pr <http://www.ti.com/amc1204-pr>.
* View the AMC1200 data sheet: www.ti.com/amc1200ds-pr <http://www.ti.com/amc1200ds-pr>.
* View the AMC1204 data sheet: www.ti.com/amc1204ds-pr <http://www.ti.com/amc1204ds-pr>.
*About Texas Instruments*
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 80,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be a smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do a from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities.
For more information, visit http://www.ti.com.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Aug 1, 2011|
|Previous Article:||Multigig Unveils Single IC Dual-PLL Synthesizer.|
|Next Article:||Fujitsu FRAM Devices Combine SRAMs With Flash in a Single IC.|