Descartes Announces Latest Releases to Products in Delivery Management and Global Logistics Network Suites.
Enhancements to Descartes' Solutions for Fleet Management, Contract Carrier Management, Delivery Visibility, Logistics Messaging and Rate Management
The Descartes Systems Group Inc. (NASDAQ:DSGX)(TSX:DSG), a leading provider of on-demand delivery management solutions and services for transportation, logistics, manufacturing, retail and distribution enterprises, today announced the latest enhancements to its Delivery Management(TM) and Global Logistics Network(TM) (GLN) suites. The new releases offer customers of Descartes' solutions for fleet management, contract carrier management, visibility and event management, logistics messaging and rate management the opportunity to further leverage and extend the value of their existing investments in Descartes' solutions.
"We have continued to make significant investments in solution development over the past year," said Arthur Mesher, CEO of Descartes. "Our customers are telling us that they want a single logistics technology partner with a broad solution footprint and domain expertise. We believe our commitment to expanding and enhancing our logistics technology solutions continues to position us well to be a preferred choice for logistics services providers, and manufacturers, retailers and distribution enterprises."
Descartes Delivery Management Suite
The latest releases in the Descartes Delivery Management suite provide users with enhanced scalability and role-based access control across the entire solutions suite. Additionally, several products have been given new features and enhancements:
- Descartes Sales and Territory Planner(TM) has an expanded set of algorithms to generate more geographically compact territories, helping to improve route productivity by as much as 16%, and balancing routes against key objectives such as driver hours and revenue;
- Descartes Reservations(TM) features improved response times and more robust modeling capabilities to address a wider range of operational situations and restrictions;
- Descartes Route Planner(TM) contains enhanced visualization and user interface control options to improve ease-of-use and manage user access across the enterprise;
- Descartes Route Planner RS(TM) offers route solutions that now consider key performance indicators (KPIs) such as stops-per-hour and pounds-per-mile to ensure routes are consistent with company performance goals;
- Descartes Automated Vehicle Locator (AVL)(TM) is enhanced to offer light dispatch features for work assignment and route edits, and has extended views to enhance the productivity of customer service representatives;
- Descartes MobileLink(TM) now covers a wider array of mobile workforce applications and allows enterprises to pass more types of information to and from handheld devices. The new GPS-enabled Descartes MobileLink Tracker(TM) allows logistics operations to track their pick-ups and deliveries without requiring driver intervention;
- Descartes Transportation Manager(TM) offers improved load optimization performance and addresses a broader range of market requirements, such as support for fuel surcharges for logistics services providers and support for RosettaNet for high-tech and electronics supply chains;
- Descartes Visibility & Event Management(TM) has been enhanced to improve problem alerting and documentation, and facilitate collaboration in resolving supply chain problems; and
- Descartes Reporting Services(TM), first announced on August 3, 2005, has been further enhanced to allow customers to mine all types of supply chain data and more easily display it through a dashboard.
In addition, in August 2005, Descartes introduced Descartes KPI Metrics(TM), a performance management solution that works with the other products in the Descartes Delivery Management suite and is designed to help companies make better short-term supply chain decisions based on cost, time and availability considerations.
Customers of products in Descartes' Delivery Management suite are already seeing benefits. "With more than 160 locations across the U.S. and Canada, Safety-Kleen's sales and service network varies greatly by location," said Mark Richardson, Sales Operations Industrial Engineer of Safety-Kleen Systems. "The expanded set of algorithms in Descartes' Sales and Territory Planner gives us the flexibility to determine the territory design that works best for our locations."
Descartes Global Logistics Network (GLN) Services Suite
Members of the Descartes GLN, one of the world's largest logistics-focused messaging networks, can now benefit from enhanced services to help manage contract carrier performance, improve cash flow and improve customer service. Enhancements to the GLN are designed to help members coordinate the process of global rate creation through auditing and contract compliance, improve data integrity with trading partners, and gain access to a wide range of easy-to-manage messaging services. Members of the GLN now have access to the following enhanced and recently released offerings:
- Descartes Rate Builder(TM) is a global rate management system for ocean carriers and non-vessel operating cargo carriers (NVOCCs) that now has workflow management functionality to standardize and stream rate generation across the enterprise, and a calculation engine that allows multiple rating options to be simultaneously evaluated;
- Descartes Messaging Services(TM) now offers an intuitive user interface and IP-based native formats and communication services to help rapidly on-board trading partners and keep track of messaging service performance;
- Descartes Turnaround Documents(TM) has been enhanced to improve bill of lading/way bill status search capabilities, and incorporate additional user-defined fields and bill of lading appointment date and time fields;
- Descartes Local Haulage(TM), first announced on August 3, 2005, is a logistics management service to help consolidate shipments and find backhauls; more efficiently tender loads; receive electronic pick-up and delivery status messages from carriers; and more effectively audit and pay contract carriers;
- Descartes Multimodal Track & Trace(TM), first announced on August 3, 2005, is a lower cost, easy-to-use service that allows logistics services providers and their customers to understand the current status of shipments; and
- Descartes Data Integrity Services(TM) is a new service to help customers improve data timeliness and quality conformance in exchanging electronic logistics messages.
Companies connected to the GLN are seeing the initial benefits from the enhanced GLN services. "Descartes' Multimodal Track & Trace Service is a natural fit for us because it allows Cargo Express visibility into shipment status across several modes of transportation within one easy-to-use tool," said Joe Pfender, President of Cargo Express. "The functionality, combined with the fact that our carriers are already connected to the GLN, made the choice to go with Descartes' solution that much easier."
The Descartes Systems Group Inc. is a leading provider of on-demand delivery management solutions for transportation, logistics, manufacturing, retail and distribution enterprises. Descartes delivers trading partner connectivity and document exchange, route planning, wireless dispatch, rate management, inventory and asset visibility, transportation management and warehouse optimization solutions for industries such as retail, consumer goods, manufacturing, transportation, distribution and third-party logistics. Descartes offers solutions that can be deployed as traditional applications or as a service to help customers optimize and gain real-time control of their inventory, logistics assets and mobile workforce. Descartes solutions are used by more than 2,500 customers in over 60 countries. For more information, visit www.descartes.com.
This release contains forward-looking statements that relate to Descartes' product and service functionality and performance, potential benefits derived therefrom, speed of deployment, the competitive position of Descartes and its products and services, timing for release of solutions and services, and other matters that may constitute forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of Descartes to differ materially from the anticipated results, performance or achievements implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors include, but are not limited to, the factors discussed in the sections entitled, "Risk Factors" and "Certain Factors That May Affect Future Results" in documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Ontario Securities Commission and other securities commissions across Canada.
All registered and unregistered trademarks mentioned in this release are the property of their respective owners.
The Descartes Systems Group Inc. (TSX:DSG) (NASDAQ:DSGX)
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Comment:||Descartes Announces Latest Releases to Products in Delivery Management and Global Logistics Network Suites.|
|Date:||Nov 15, 2005|
|Previous Article:||Biovail to Spin off Legacy Assets.|
|Next Article:||Gentium Reports Third Quarter Financial Results; Provides Financial and Clinical Update.|