Department of Defense news release (Feb. 7, 2005): Chief of Naval Operations Environmental Award winners named.
The annual program recognizes Navy individuals, teams, ships, and installations for their exceptional environmental stewardship. Competition categories include natural resources conservation, cultural resources management, environmental quality, pollution prevention, environmental restoration, and environmental planning.
Awards will be presented May 3, 2005, at the U.S. Navy Memorial and Naval Heritage Center in Washington, D.C. The 2004 winners are:
Natural Resources Conservation Large Installation Award
* Naval Air Station Fallon, Nev.
* Naval Base Coronado, Calif.
* Naval Weapons Station, Charleston, S.C.
Cultural Resources Management Installation Award
* Naval Base Coronado, Calif.
* Naval Base Kitsap at Bremerton, Wash.
* Portsmouth Naval Shipyard, N.H.
Cultural Resources Management Individual or Team Award
* John A. Cordray Jr., Southern Division, Naval Facilities Engineering Command, Charleston, S.C.
* William R. Manley, Navy Region Southwest, San Diego, Calif.
* James V. Sartain, Naval Support Activity Panama City, Fla.
Environmental Quality Industrial Installation Award
* Naval Air Depot Cherry Point, N.C.
* Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard and Intermediate Maintenance Facility, Hawaii
* Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and Intermediate Maintenance Facility, Wash.
Environmental Quality Overseas Installation Award
* U.S. Fleet Activities Sasebo, Japan
* U.S. Naval Air Facility Atsugi, Japan
* U.S. Naval Support Activity Bahrain
Environmental Quality Small Ship Award
* USS Champion, MCM Crew DELTA, Ingleside, Texas
* USS McClusky, San Diego, Calif.
* USS O'Kane, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
Pollution Prevention Non-Industrial Installation Award
* Commander, Navy Region Mid-Atlantic, Norfolk, Va.
* Naval Air Station Lemoore, Calif.
* Naval Air Station Whidbey Island, Wash.
Pollution Prevention Individual or Team Award
* Naval Air Station Whidbey Island Pollution Prevention Team, Wash.
* Navy Region Northwest Spill Prevention and Response Team, Wash.
* USS Salvor Pollution Prevention Team, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
Environmental Restoration Installation Award
* Naval Facilities Engineering Command Pacific, Hawaii
* Naval Magazine Indian Island, Wash.
* Norfolk Naval Shipyard, Va.
Environmental Planning Team Award
* Fleet Forces Command Environmental Planning Team, Norfolk, Va.
For more information about the 2004 CNO Environmental Awards competition, contact Easter Thompson at Easter.R.Thompson@navy.mil.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Acquisition & Logistics Excellence|
|Publication:||Defense AT & L|
|Date:||May 1, 2005|
|Previous Article:||Acquisition management policy division, office of the secretary of the Air Force (acquisition): Corporate Innovators for 2004.|
|Next Article:||Department of Defense news release (Feb. 18, 2005): DoD awards $43.9 million to universities for research equipment.|