Department of Defense news release (June 15, 2006): Defense Department presents Value Engineering Achievement Awards.
Value Engineering is a systematic process of function analysis to identify actions that reduce cost, increase quality, and improve mission capabilities across the entire spectrum of DoD systems, processes, and organizations. The Department of Defense Value Engineering Program continues to be an incentive for government and our industry counterparts to improve the joint value proposition by promoting innovation and creativity These innovative proposals seek best-value solutions as part of a successful business relationship. During fiscal 2005, 3,047 in-house Value Engineering Proposals and contractor-initiated Value Engineering Change Proposals were accepted with projected savings/cost avoidance in excess of $924 million.
The Value Engineering Awards Program is a highly visible acknowledgment of exemplary achievements and encourages additional projects to improve in-house and contractor productivity. Award winners from each DoD component were eligible for selection in the following five categories: (1) program/project, (2) individual, (3) team, (4) organization, and (5) contractor. Additional "special" awards were given to recognize innovative applications or approaches that expanded the traditional scope of value engineering use.
Today's awards were presented to the following individuals or teams in the categories noted:
* Program/Project: Savannah and Mobile Districts, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
* Individual: Hargovindbhai Patel, U.S. Army Tank-automotive & Armaments Life Cycle Management Command
* Team: C4ISR Value Engineering Team, U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Life Cycle Management Command
* Organization: U. S. Army Field Support Command
* Contractor: Stewart & Stevenson Services, Inc.
* Special: U.S. Army Armament Research, Development and Engineering Center
* Special: Marmet Lock Replacement Project Team, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Huntington District
* Program/Project: Torpedo Downloader System, Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division, Newport
* Team: Sustainment Engineering Team Crane Division, Naval Surface Warfare Center
* Organization: Airborne Electronic Warfare Division Crane Division, Naval Surface Warfare Center
* Special: Dahlgren AEGIS Lean Events Team
* Special: Ordnance Engineering Department-PM 10 Crane Division, Naval Surface Warfare Center
* Individual: Major Raul Parra, Tyndall Air Force Base, Fla.
DEFENSE LOGISTICS AGENCY
* Program/Project: Clarence Jones, Hard-to-Buy Aircraft Items, Defense Supply Center Richmond
* Individual: Harry Sands, Defense Supply Center Philadelphia
* Team: Spare Parts Breakout Team, Defense Supply Center Columbus
* Organization: Defense Supply Center Columbus
* Special: DFAS Contract Payment Team
Defense Reutilization and Marketing Service
* Special: Aviation Engineering Division, Defense Supply Center Richmond
* Special: Andrew Scott, Defense Supply Center Philadelphia
MISSILE DEFENSE AGENCY
* Program/Project: Terminal High Altitude Area Defense Project Management Office
* Individual: Julie Smith, Terminal High Altitude Area Defense
* Team: Value Engineering Team, Huntsville and Redstone Arsenal, Ala.
* Special: Patricia Bourbeau, Terminal High Altitude Area Defense Project Management Office
DEFENSE CONTRACT MANAGEMENT AGENCY
* Contractor: Raytheon Missile Systems, Tucson, Ariz.
DEFENSE INTELLIGENCE AGENCY
* Program: Consolidated Application Integration
* Team: Community Action Group of the Chief Financial Executive General Defense Intelligence Program
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Acquisition & Logistics Excellence|
|Publication:||Defense AT & L|
|Date:||Sep 1, 2006|
|Previous Article:||Department of Defense news release (May 31, 2006): Standardization Program presents annual Achievement Awards.|
|Next Article:||Navy NewsStand (June 19, 2006): NAVFAC earns 2006 White House Closing the Circle Awards.|