Deflectable-tip video laparoscope.
Olympus' EndoEYE LTF-VH is, according to the company, the world's first deflectable HDTV-enabled video laparoscope that upgrades the distally-mounted video chip to HDTV and combines it with an advanced flexible tip design. With the ability to advance the boundaries of minimally invasive surgery and laparo-endoscopic single site surgery in procedures such as Choleystectomy (gallbladder removal), Hysterectomy (removal of uterus), Nephrectomy (kidney resection), Heller Myotomy (procedure for Achalasia) and more, the laparoscope features:
* A complete 100[degrees] field of view from multiple angles to visually capture file desired location head-on, from above, or even from behind.
* An advanced flexible tip that eliminates the need to change between 0[degrees] and 30[degrees] scopes intra-operatively.
* Incorporation of the deflectable tip on the telescope providing surgeons with a larger field of view and helping them avoid situations where the tips of the instruments collide.
* The ability to deliver the maneuverability required for single-port laparoscopy.
* Superior imaging performance.
* All-in-1 design.
* Focus free and digital zoom.
Write in 251
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||FOCUS ON: LAPAROSCOPIC INSTRUMENTS|
|Date:||May 1, 2009|
|Previous Article:||Injectable bone graft replacement.|
|Next Article:||Endoscopic stapler for critical wound-healing.|