Printer Friendly

Declared excess.

I am employed in a senior nursing role in the NSW public health system and I have been advised that my position will be declared excess. What are my options?

The health service is obligated to inform excess staff members of their options in writing, in line with Policy Directive PD2012_021 Managing Excess Staff of the NSW Health Service, which is available online at This correspondence may outline an offer of voluntary redundancy or an option to be redeployed to another position.

It is important to note that specific time limits now apply to voluntary redundancies. Once you receive any correspondence you should contact your Human Resources department to discuss the options being offered to you and to clarify any questions or concerns you may have. Additionally, you can contact the Association to seek further clarification.

COPYRIGHT 2012 New South Wales Nurses Association
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2012 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Title Annotation:ASK JUDITH
Author:Kiejda, Judith
Publication:The Lamp
Article Type:Brief article
Geographic Code:8AUST
Date:Aug 1, 2012
Previous Article:Sick leave on long service.
Next Article:Tortured for giving care: Rula Al'Saffar, president of the Bahrain Nursing Society, was recently named the 11th most influential person in the Middle...

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2018 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters