Potential applications include development of interactive trading models, financial statements, securities and derivatives pricing personnel, and personalized client portfolio tools, all enabling end users to investigate various "what-if" scenarios. The software can also be used to permit fast development of online calculators and other interactive Web content, using Excel as the authoring tool.
The XL2Web platform supports complex, multi-page Web applications with virtually all Excel functions, including multiple worksheets and workbooks, charts, images, cell formatting, data tables, data validation, GoalSeeks and support for proprietary and third-party function libraries. End users can access any XL2Web-enabled model from a Web browser without browser plug-ins or the need to install Excel, making it usable remotely or with Blackberrys and other specialized devices.
XL2Web's ability to rapidly convert spreadsheet assets into Web-based applications and Web services without IT programming eliminates the costs and duplication of effort involved in recoding a spreadsheet for Web use. The software also overcomes the limitations of the Excel platform by enabling:
* Easy spreadsheet distribution, allowing models and updates to be disseminated to any number of end users via URL instead of emailing the files or publishing them in flat form.
* Protection of intellectual property, because financial formulas and other proprietary information that can be easily accessed in the raw Excel file remain locked behind the firewall.
* Version control, preventing end users from using an old version of a given model, because deployment is now centrally controlled and server-based.
* Scalability for highly complex calculations and scenario analyses, freeing spreadsheets from the desktop for use in more powerful server environments such as Linux and Unix.
* Integration with existing Web pages or enterprise applications such as analytics libraries, business data and ERP applications, without recoding.
XL2Web is available under a licensed model for large organizations that require deep integration with proprietary software, and in two hosted models for firms with basic and more advanced needs. Hosted pricing begins at $100 per month. Corporate license pricing is based on the number of XL2Web publishers and XL2Web JEngines deployed.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||TechnologyTools; 2Web Technologies|
|Date:||Oct 1, 2004|
|Next Article:||Tax management.|
|E-Mail Management Technologies: A Purchaser's Primer.|