Printer Friendly

Dad, 21, died of drug overdose.

A YOUNG Coventry father of two died of a drug overdose, an inquest heard.

Paul Walker, aged 21, of Pinley Fields, Stoke Aldermoor, is survived by his two daughters and partner.

His body was found in a flat in The Barley Lea, Stoke, on August 6, last year. He had been visiting an acquaintance, Terence Sterritt.

In a police statement Mr Sterritt, who described himself as a regular heroin user, said he had left Mr Walker alone as he had to go out. He believed Mr Walker had taken at least six ecstasy tablets that day although he had not seen him take them.

Mr Sterritt said when he returned home he found Mr Walker unconscious with a syringe in his arm.

Mr Walker was taken to hospital, but attempts to revive him failed and he died that evening.

DC Surish Bhardwha said Mr Walker's family did not believe he was a heroin user, but said he had used ecstasy tablets.

A pathologist found Mr Walker had alcohol, morphine and ecstasy in his blood at the time of death.

Coroner David Sarginson recorded a narrative verdict of death by a drug overdose.
COPYRIGHT 2005 Coventry Newpapers
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2005 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

 
Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Coventry Evening Telegraph (England)
Date:Jan 13, 2005
Words:192
Previous Article:Volunteer and support wildlife.
Next Article:City's Lord Mayor in row over Cork trip.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2018 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters