DSESTS turn-in still needed.
Units are forgetting to turn in their direct support electrical system test sets (DSESTS) when their mission ends or is transferred to another unit. That means the next unit given that mission can't do any DSESTS testing.
DSESTS was fielded to perform off-vehicle testing of line replaceable units (LRU) and shop replaceable units (SRU) from Bradleys and Ml-series tanks. New DSESTS can't be ordered, so turn-in is vital.
A complete DSESTS comes in about 40 cases, along with additional equipment and fixtures. It consists of:
* General purpose interface assembly (GPIA), NSN 5998-01-382-7282
* Operator interface unit (OIU), NSN 6625-01-225-8342
* DSESTS common resources (DRC), which includes the common function modules, NSN 6625-01-443-2478, and combined support functions module (CFSM), NSN 6625-01-559-2662, or the enhanced unit, NSN 6625-01-569-3614
* M1 tank Legacy and Bradley A2 ODS Legacy, NSN 6625-01-120-0764 (LIN T52849)
* M1 thermal imaging system (TIS), NSN 4931-01-263-7972 (LIN T92250)
* M1A2 SEP, NSN 6625-01-376-0470
* Bradley TOW system, NSN 6625-01-442-7490
* Bradley A3, NSN 6625-01-453-7394
* Common FLIR TIS, NSN 6625-01-443-8390
* Wolverine, NSN 6625-01-474-5713
If you have any of this equipment, do the self-tests described in the 9-4931-586-series TMs to see if the equipment is serviceable.
Any DSESTS equipment that is listed on your unit's property book and is no longer required should be turned in through supply to your property book officer. This applies to serviceable as well as unserviceable equipment.
Any excess serviceable or unserviceable DSESTS equipment that is not on the unit's property book should be submitted through the Automated Excess Return Process using a document identifier code of FTE.
As excess DSESTS equipment is turned in, TACOM-Rock Island can then reissue it to units in need.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING TACOM-RI POCS ...
* Kevin Craft, DSESTS Equipment Specialist, DSN 793-0690, (309) 782-0690 or email: email@example.com
* Martin Spainhower, DSESTS Equipment Specialist, DSN 793-4836, (309) 782-4836 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Ken Jansen, DSESTS Equipment Specialist, DSN 793-2522, (309) 782-2522 or email: email@example.com
* Barry Tabron, DSESTS Weapon System Manager, DSN 786-7205, (586) 282-7205 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bradley AAL Addition
Operators, get out your stubby pencils and make this addition to the additional authorization lists (AAL) for your M2A2/M3A2 and M2A3/M3A3 Bradleys, M3A3 BFIST, and M7 Bradley Fire Support Vehicles:
Only one kit is required per vehicle. The two kits are identical except NSN 5340-01-537-8673 does not include the 96 8-in bolts required for mounting the tiles. This information will be added in a future change to TMs 9-2350-284-10-1 (May 03), 9-2350-294-10-1 (Nov 09), and 9-2350-297-10-1 (Sep 00).
NSN 5340-01- Description 537-8673 Bradley Reactive Armor Tile (BRAT) Installation Kit (IK), PN 13011862 568-9668 Bradley Reactive Armor Tile (BRAT) Installation Kit (IK), PN 13023500
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Test Sets ...|
|Publication:||PS, the Preventive Maintenance Monthly|
|Date:||Dec 1, 2010|
|Previous Article:||Beware the crack attack!|
|Next Article:||Thar' she blows!|