DOT Selects Seven ITS Projects for National Evaluation.
The selected projects are:
* A concept of operations for a project on the I-880/State Route (SR) 17 corridor for Santa Clara County, Calif., through Silicon Valley.
* A demonstration program testing the application of ITS for providers of public transportation in Riverside, Calif.
* The 1-5 corridor multi-modal traveler information system design and implementation; a traveler information project on SR 2 and SR 97; and improvements on traveler information in a ferry terminal in Seattle.
* A traveler information system along SR 395 in Spokane, Wash.
* TRANSMIT, TRANSCOM's system for managing incidents and traffic. TRANSCOM is a coalition of 15 transportation agencies in the New York-New Jersey-Connecticut region.
* SmartBridges, a group of technology enhancement projects for the Delaware River Port Authority in Pennsylvania.
* Sunguide, a regional initiative using the Advanced Traveler Information System to help reduce congestion in Dade County, Fla.
These projects are part of the ITS integration program. The program's objective, which is specified in TEA-21, is to accelerate the integration and interoperability of ITS.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Department of Transportation; intelligent transportation systems|
|Article Type:||Brief Article|
|Date:||May 1, 2000|
|Previous Article:||FHWA Study Finds Red-Light-Running Violations Down.|
|Next Article:||NATTTC Changes Name, Announces New Award.|