DCI LAUNCHES THIN CLIENT VARMINT RESELLER PROGRAM.
The VARmint reseller program includes the following:
Complete overhead and powerpoint Thin Client market presentation
* Product support program for evaluation
* Pre-sales call assistance to jump start the reseller
* Priority Technical Support
* Technical, sales and installation training
* Leads, trade show and user group support
* VARmint Promote for marketing support, including EMDF - Earned Marketing Development Funds
* Free On-line Advertising on the DCI VARmint Den website and hotlink
* Authorized logo program
* Ongoing incentive and special promotion programs
* Free use of the Thin Client white paper for each VARmint's web site and as collateral handouts
* Profitability Plan - outlines server, support and hardware bundling to achieve higher margins
William McCurdie, national sales manager, stated that, "in my 10 years managing and working with resellers and developing channels, this VARmint Program is one of the most comprehensive programs I have been involved in". Additionally, there is a huge opportunity for VARmints to make more money selling the Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Terminal Server software and Citrix Systems software, servers and service.
A complete VARmint Reseller Program registration form, product information and the Thin Client White Paper can be located at www.visara.com.
About the Visara Thin Client
Visara thin clients combine Development Concepts proven host connectivity solutions in the IBM midrange 5250 and mainframe 3270 markets with PC application compatibility and the most current thin client/server computing technology.
Major product highlights are as follows:
* Run midrange, mainframe, Windows 3.X, 95, 98 Windows NT, UNIX and DOS Applications simultaneously
* Microsoft RDP, Remote Desktop Protocol, support
* Citrix Systems ICA, Independent Computing Architecture, support
* TN3270/E, TN5250/E and VT terminal emulation built-in
* Windows CE 2.11 operating system
* Cyrix GHX/180 processor
* Hot key from emulation sessions to Windows applications and vice versa
* Reduced Total Cost of Ownership using Windows Based Terminal environment
The base model can attach to IBM AS/400, S/390 and RS/6000 as well as Hewlett-Packard, Digital and other host computers through a TCP/IP Ethernet connection. The Visara WBT can also access PC applications and data residing on a multi-user server, such as the Microsoft Windows Terminal Server, which enhances resource control while reducing administration, software upgrade time, training and support costs.
About Development Concepts, Inc.
Development Concepts, Inc. is a leading provider of thin clients and mainframe emulation connectivity hardware and software. DCI is a MCSP (Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider), a Citrix Systems ICA OEM Licensee and Citrix Business Alliance partner. Its products are marketed through a worldwide network of VARs, IBM AS/400 Solutions Providers and Citrix Solutions Providers.
For more information, call 215-368-4400, extension 227.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Jun 1, 1999|
|Previous Article:||SYSTEMS DESIGN SELECTS MERANT MICRO FOCUS TO RE-ENGINEER PRISM.|
|Next Article:||NEC DEVELOPS QUANTUM COMPUTER MORE POWERFUL THAN SUPERCOMPUTER.|