DAU and NDIA to sponsor Defense Systems Acquisition Management course offerings for industry managers.
* Feb. 5-9, 2007, Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk, Tampa, Fla.
* May 7-11, 2007, Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, Nashville, Tenn.
* July 16-20, 2007, Red Lion Hotel on Fifth Avenue, Seattle, Wash.
* Sept. 10-14, 2007, Radisson Plaza Hotel, Minneapolis, Minn.
DSAM presents the same acquisition policy information provided to DoD students who attend the Defense Acquisition University courses for acquisition certification training. It is designed to meet the needs of defense industry acquisition managers in today's dynamic environment, providing the latest information related to:
* Defense acquisition policy for weapons and information technology systems, including discussion of the DoD 5000 series (directive and instruction) and the CJCS 3170 series (instruction and manual)
* Defense transformation initiatives related to systems acquisition
* Defense acquisition procedures and processes
* The planning, programming, budgeting, and execution process and the congressional budget process
* The relationship between the determination of military capability needs, resource allocation, science and technology activities, and acquisition programs.
For further information see "Courses Offered" under "Meetings and Events" at <http://www.ndia.org>. Industry students contact Phyllis Edmonson at (703) 247-2577 or e-mail email@example.com. A limited number of experienced government students may be selected to attend each offering. Government students must first contact Bruce Moler at (703) 805-5257, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registering with NDIA.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Spotlight on DAU Learning Resources|
|Publication:||Defense AT & L|
|Date:||Jan 1, 2007|
|Previous Article:||New DAU learning modules.|
|Next Article:||Defense Acquisition University 2007 Catalog.|