Printer Friendly

Cut-price charger danger; Alert as cheap telephone charger bursts into flames.

Byline: KATHRYN RIDDELL Reporter kathryn.riddell@reachplc.com

THIS shows the aftermath of a fire, which was started when a cheap phone charger suddenly burst into flames.

Fire crews from Seahouses and Belford were called to a house in Bamburgh, Northumberland, in the early hours of Friday where the blaze broke out in a bedroom.

The flames destroyed Firefigh'te' rs best place A phone charger had overheated while plugged into a socket extension.

phone charger from a trusted the extension, plug and melted part of the floor underneath.

shop.

Luckily, the people inside the property doused most of the flames using a carbon dioxide fire extinguisher.

Firefighters from Northumberland Fire and Rescue Service said this prevented the fire spreading to bedding and the rest of the bedroom.

The three people inside were uninjured and evacuated before emergency services arrived.

Now, firefighters are warning people against using cheap phone chargers, say the which do not meet EU and UK safety standards and could be a fire risk.

buy a is phone They say the best place to buy a charger from is a trusted phone shop. They also said you can reduce the risk by unplugging chargers.

Firefigh'te' rs say the best place to buy a phone charger is from a trusted phone shop.

CAPTION(S):

Aftermath of faulty phone charger fire at a home in Bamburgh

COPYRIGHT 2018 MGN Ltd.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2018 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Sunday Sun (Newcastle, England)
Geographic Code:4EUUK
Date:Oct 21, 2018
Words:226
Previous Article:House price gains in region revealed; SOUTH TYNESIDE SEES HIGHEST GROWTH RATE.
Next Article:GAME ANGLING.
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2021 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters