Printer Friendly

Cricketers urged to boycott T20 Champions League.

Sydney, Mar 9 (ANI): The Federation of International Cricketers' Associations (FICA) has asked players to boycott this year's T20 Champions League as some of the prize money from last year's event remains unpaid.

Tim May, chief executive of FICA, said that six million dollars in prize money remains outstanding.

Victoria is owed 200,000 dollars, South Australia 500,000 dollars, half of each sum to the players.

The Sydney Morning Herald quoted May as saying on Tuesday that the tournament now had "little or no credibility" among players.

"FICA will be recommending that players refrain from agreeing to play in future CLT20s without some certainty as to the payment of participation fees and prize money," he said.

Paul Marsh, chief of the Australian Cricketers Association, seconded May.

"Given the uncertainty over payment of this prize money, and the assurances that have so far amounted to nothing, I'm sure players will have concerns about participating in the future," Marsh said. (ANI)

Copyright 2011 Asian News International (ANI) - All Rights Reserved.

Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
COPYRIGHT 2011 Al Bawaba (Middle East) Ltd.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2011 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Asian News International
Date:Mar 10, 2011
Words:177
Previous Article:US charity pays 26 Brit drug addicts to use contraception.
Next Article:LiLo's family 'to sue jewellery store for selling surveillance footage'.
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2020 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters