Printer Friendly

Crews tackle roof fire.

FIRE crews battled a blaze which ripped through the roof space of a dormer bungalow near Stockton.

Firefighters in three appliances were called to the windsurf centre at Bishopton Lake, on the Stillington Road, near Stockton soon after 8.30pm yesterday.

They found the roof space well-alight and sent four firefighters wearing breathing sets inside.

Sedgefield station Watch Manager Kim Ashton said the fire appeared to have been caused by a faulty chimney on a wood burning stove. No-one was in the premises at the time.

CAPTION(S):

BLAZE: Fire crews at a house at Bishopton Lake
COPYRIGHT 2009 MGN Ltd.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2009 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Evening Gazette (Middlesbrough, England)
Date:Jan 16, 2009
Words:97
Previous Article:I'M NO BULLY; Tribunal told of tears at claim.
Next Article:Welcome to Teesside; Project is helping to look after displaced.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters