Printer Friendly

Crews called to city centre health club fire.

FIRE crews were called out to a blaze at a health club in Birmingham's Brindleyplace on Friday night.

Four crews using breathing apparatus and hose jets tackled the blaze at the popular nightlife spot off Broad Street.

Police advised the public to avoid the area while the incident was brought under control.

Two crews from Ladywood and one each from Highgate and Aston arrived at the scene at 11.20pm.

They used eight breathing apparatus and two main hose jets to tackle the blaze, thought to have broken out in a dry cleaning room at Bannatyne Health Club.

A road was shut down and a nearby car park was inaccessible as the firefighters extinguished the blaze and stayed to dampen down the scene.

The city centre police team praised the fire service after the blaze was brought under control. No one at the health club was available for comment this morning.

COPYRIGHT 2017 Birmingham Post & Mail Ltd
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2017 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Sunday Mercury (Birmingham, England)
Date:Jun 4, 2017
Words:151
Previous Article:Turner could make cathedral PS800,000; Painting of landmark by the great artist up for auction.
Next Article:Isabella shows a lot of bottle! Youngster with cancer has surprise after throwing message in a bottle into the sea.
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters