Printer Friendly

Credit Acceptance Corporation Announces Completion of $100 Million Warehouse Facility.

Business Editors

SOUTHFIELD, Mich.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 3, 2003

Credit Acceptance (Nasdaq:CACC) announced today the completion of a $100 million revolving warehouse facility with Variable Funding Capital Corporation, a multi-seller commercial paper conduit administered by Wachovia Securities. Under this facility the Company may contribute dealer advances to a wholly owned special purpose entity (the "SPE") and receive 70% of the net book value of the dealer advances in non-recourse financing.

The Company did not make a draw on the facility at closing. The facility matures September 28, 2004 with draws under the facility bearing interest at a floating rate equal to the commercial paper rate plus 65 basis points with the maximum rate limited by an interest rate cap agreement, which will be executed at the time the Company draws on the facility. Based upon current rates, the expected annualized cost of the financing, including placement fees, interest and other costs, is approximately 5.3%. The financing is secured by the dealer advances and the rights to collections on the related automobile loans receivable contributed to the SPE up to the sum of the related dealer advance and the Company's servicing fee.

The Company will retain 6% of the cash flows related to the underlying automobile loans to cover servicing expenses. The remaining 94%, less amounts due to dealer-partners for payments of dealer-partner holdback, will be used to service the indebtedness.

Using a unique financing structure, the Company's contracted relationship with its dealer-partners remains unaffected. The dealer-partners' rights to future payments of dealer holdback are preserved and the Company will continue to recognize its servicing fee on amounts collected.

Credit Acceptance is a financial services company specializing in products and services for a network of automobile dealer-partners. Credit Acceptance provides its dealer-partners with financing sources for consumers with limited access to credit and delivers credit approvals instantly through the internet. Other dealer-partner services include marketing, sales training and a wholesale purchasing cooperative. Through its financing program, Credit Acceptance helps consumers change their lives by providing them an opportunity to strengthen and reestablish their credit standing by making timely monthly payments. Credit Acceptance is publicly traded on the NASDAQ National Market under the symbol CACC.
COPYRIGHT 2003 Business Wire
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2003, Gale Group. All rights reserved. Gale Group is a Thomson Corporation Company.

 
Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Business Wire
Geographic Code:1USA
Date:Oct 3, 2003
Words:365
Previous Article:Emclaire Financial Corp. Announces Management Change.
Next Article:News From USWA: Sparse Capitol Rally Reveals Steel Tariff Opposition as ``Potemkin Village,'' Says USWA; ITC Sanction of 'Tip Sheet' Further...
Topics:


Related Articles
NJ industrial market update.
Union Acceptance Corporation Announces $200 Million Warehouse Facility.
Union Acceptance Corporation Enhances Liquidity Position with $15 Million Working Capital Line.
Union Acceptance Corporation Closes Additional Warehouse Facility.
AmeriCredit Expands Warehouse Capacity by $1.1 Billion to $3.6 Billion.
Union Acceptance Corporation Renews Warehouse Facility.
Consumer Portfolio Services Inc. Completes Acquisition of MFN Financial Corp.; Opens $100 Million Warehouse Credit Facility.
Union Acceptance Reaches Agreement on Receivables Sale.
Union Acceptance Reaches Interim Settlement with MBIA.
Union Acceptance Announces Deregistration From SEC Reporting, Sale of $300 Million in Receivables.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2018 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters