Cranwell Resort almost complete.
Located just 2.5 hours from New York City and Boston in the historic New England village of Lenox, Massachusetts, The Spa at Cranwell is scheduled to open March 25. The 35,000-SF, state-of-the-art facility will feature a wealth of world-class amenities with dozens of spa treatments found only in the most prestigious European spas, as well as a comprehensive fitness center with a large heated indoor pool.
The opening of The Spa at Cranwell is the crowning achievement of a nearly decade-long, multi-million dollar project to create the largest and most comprehensive resort in the Northeast. A group of investors, led by Daniel A. Burack, of Harrison, and Earle S. Altman, of Harrison, acquired the property in 1993. Burack, a veteran real estate investor and President of Burack Investments, of Harrison, was instrumental in the development of the nearby Canyon Ranch resort in Lenox.
Under Burack's direction, Cranwell's original Tudor-style mansion was completely renovated and other cottages on the property were transformed into luxurious guest rooms. The spacious guest and meeting rooms are the largest of any resort in the Berkshires. Major capital improvements were made to the 18-hole golf course and a new golf school, along with a 12-acre driving range.
The Spa at Cranwell, which is connected to Cranwell's main guestroom buildings via glass walkways, features a classic brick exterior designed to blend with the architecture of the historic 19th Century Cranwell Mansion, which serves as the centerpiece of the 380-acre resort.
More than two years in development at a cost of $9 million, The Spa at Cranwell features:
* Dramatic glass enclosed atrium with a 60 x 30 heated indoor lap pool, lounging patio with a 20-foot high glass wall offering panoramic views of the Berkshire Mountains.
* Sixteen well-appointed treatment rooms with a comprehensive menu of more than 30 spa services including five different massage therapies, facial treatments, healing wraps, five different "body envelopment experiences" utilizing materials from seaweed to thermal clay, and manicures and pedicures.
* Luxuriously appointed Men's and Women's Spa Lounges comprised of three connecting rooms each with a fire-place, sauna, steam room, whirlpool and lockers.
* 5,000-SF Fitness Center equipped with the very latest in cardiovascular and strength-training equipment, including benches, free weights, stretching area and an aerobic and yoga room with a specially designed cushioned floor.
* Staff of 30 professional fitness and spa therapists and personal trainers to provide instruction both in classes as well as one-on-one sessions. The Spa is under the direction of Helen Taylor Pierce, whose many years of spa management experience includes positions at the Marriott Mountain Resort in Vail, Colorado, and the Charter at Beaver Creek.
* Spa Cafe serving luncheon cuisine prepared by Cranwell's award-winning culinary team under the direction of Executive Chef Carl DeLuce.
* Spa Shop featuring a selected line of skin and body products including Phytomer Natural Marine Cosmetology products, as well as fitness and wellness books, tapes, and spa apparel.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Cranwell Resort, Spa & Golf Club facility details|
|Publication:||Real Estate Weekly|
|Article Type:||Brief Article|
|Date:||Mar 27, 2002|
|Previous Article:||Developers can recoup rehabilitation costs with tax credit.|
|Next Article:||Down market creates unique opportunities for investors.|
|South Florida's Diplomat to open this year.|
|The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes Resort.|
|St. Petersburg/Clearwater Area, Florida: beachy-keen for meetings. (Hospitality).|
|World-class hotels and resorts.|