Corel releases Corel Ventura 10, announces XyEnterprise partnership. (Internet Publishing Today).
Corel Corp. has announced the availability of Corel Ventura 10, a comprehensive page-layout and publishing application. The company has also announced that it has partnered with XyEnterprise to deliver an integrated, high-volume XML publishing solution for the companies' joint customers.
Corel Ventura 10
Corel Ventura 10 provides tools that are designed specifically for the creation and publishing of highly formatted and visually rich business documents. With the addition of a number of new features, including XML import, this new version enables enterprise customers to reuse all forms of content.
According to the company, when used in conjunction with an XML editor such as Corel XMetaL, Corel Ventura 10 is an ideal application for combining and transforming an organization's information, data, and graphics into highly manageable, structured business documents.
Corel Ventura 10's new features and enhancements allow users to do the following:
* XML Import--Format and publish XML content with precision using the new XML Mapping Editor
* Table Tags--Use Table Tags to format multiple tables simultaneously
* Publish to Adobe PDF--Create PDF files directly from within Corel Ventura 10
* Integrated Preflight Engine--Receive feedback on publications before final output with new preflight warnings and save preflight styles for common work flows such as Print, Publish to PDF, and Publish to the Web
* Enhanced Graphics Capabilities--Power documents with compelling visuals using more than 50 new bitmap effects and improved support for import and export picture file formats, including the soon-to-be-released CorelDRAW 11
Corel Ventura 10 continues to include publishing tools such as Navigator and Tag Window. Navigator allows users to view the structure and content of multiple publications and efficiently move around and between them. Tag Window lets the user manage style-sheet properties and all tags from a central location. Corel Ventura 10 also includes support for more than 80 import and export filters, which provide compatibility and enable users to fully leverage a wide variety of content types.
Corel Ventura 10 will be available this month at the suggested retail price of $699. Registered customers of Corel Ventura 7 or 8 may purchase Corel Ventura 10 at the special upgrade price of $249.
The partnership with XyEnterprise will address different enterprise customer requirements for both a high-volume and design-intensive publishing solution and will deliver a complete XML infrastructure for single-source publishing environments. This integrated solution enables enterprise customers to use Corel XMetaL for XML content creation as well as to seamlessly leverage the high-volume "assemble and publish" capabilities of XyEnterprise XML Professional Publisher.
Source: Corel Corp., Ottawa, 613/728-0826; http://www.corel.com.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Article Type:||Product Announcement|
|Date:||Sep 1, 2002|
|Previous Article:||WHSmith Online launches Palm Reader eBookstore. (Internet Publishing Today).|
|Next Article:||Dow Jones expands its use of CCC's Rightslink. (Internet Publishing Today).|