Continuing education quiz.
Barriers to medication use: Myths, money, and management
1. Which of these areas of patient concern about the use of medications for alcohol dependence cannot be answered definitively by analyzing existing evidence?
a. Questions about medication efficacy
b. Concerns over addictive properties
c. Necessary duration of medication use
2. Alcoholics Anonymous advises members to avoid this action related to medications.
a. Discouraging fellow members from using medication
b. Discussing specific medication options
c. Suggesting that fellow members ask a medical professional about medications
3. Alcohol dependence treatment needs to be comprehensive because medication use will not necessarily have an effect on:
a. Cravings that lead to alcohol use.
b. Activity at receptor sites in the brain.
c. Thought processes that lead to alcohol use.
4. Although counselors do not engage directly in medication management, they can play an important role of setting and managing client expectations around this important facet of medication use.
a. Cost considerations
b. Side effects
c. Time of dosing
5. This form of brief therapy improved rates of medication adherence in the much-discussed COMBINE study.
a. Brief intervention
c. Medical management
6. The BRENDA form of brief therapy is based in this model of addiction.
7. The article reports that BRENDA was found to improve treatment completion rates and medication adherence in a study of this medication.
8. In referring to those who consider medication a "crutch," the author uses this term to describe what a crutch actually denotes.
a. A challenge in treatment
b. A tool for treatment
c. A barrier to recovery
9. The article reports that a form of therapy based on motivational interviewing and cognitive-behavioral principles was found to improve medication adherence in a study of this medication.
10. A 2006 study published in the Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment found this proportion of counselors reporting not being aware of effectiveness data for oral naltrexone.
a. 10 to 24%
b. 30 to 44%
c. 40 to 54%
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||May 1, 2007|
|Previous Article:||Rosecrance serenity garden: Rosecrance Griffin Williamson campus.|
|Next Article:||Recovery's campaign manager.|