Contact and article: Submission information.
This is your professional bulletin. We need your support by writing and submitting articles for publication.
When writing an article, select a topic relevant to the Military Intelligence and Intelligence Communities.
Articles about current operations; TTPs; and equipment and training are always welcome as are lessons learned; historical perspectives; problems and solutions; and short "quick tips" on better employment or equipment and personnel. Our goals are to spark discussion and add to the professional knowledge of the MI Corps and the IC at large. Explain how your unit has broken new ground, give helpful advice on a specific topic, or discuss how new technology will change the way we operate.
When submitting articles to MIPB, please take the following into consideration:
* Feature articles, in most cases, should be under 3,000 words, double-spaced with normal margins without embedded graphics.
* We cannot guarantee we will publish all submitted articles and it may take up to a year to publish some articles.
* Although MIPB targets themes, you do not need to "write" to a theme.
* Please note that submissions become property of MIPB and may be released to other government agencies or nonprofit organizations for republication upon request.
What we need from you:
* A release signed by your unit or organization's information security officer/operations security officer/SSO stating that your article and any accompanying graphics and photos are unclassified, nonsensitive, and releasable in the public domain (IAW AR 380-5 DA Information Security Program). A sample security release format can be accessed at our website at https://ikn.army.mil.
* A cover letter (either hard copy or electronic) with your work or home email addresses, telephone number, and a comment stating your desire to have your article published.
* Your article in Word. Do not use special document templates.
* Any pictures, graphics, crests, or logos which are relevant to your topic. We need complete captions (the Who, What, Where, When), photographer credits, and the author's name on photos. Do not embed graphics or photos within the article. Send them as separate files such as .tif or .jpg and note where they should appear in the article. PowerPoint (not in .tif or .jpg format) is acceptable for graphs, etc. Photos should be at 300 dpi.
* The full name of each author in the byline and a short biography for each. The biography should include the author's current duty assignment, related assignments, relevant civilian education and degrees, and any other special qualifications.
We will edit the articles and put them in a style and format appropriate for MIPB. From time to time, we will contact you during the editing process to help us ensure a quality product. Please inform us of any changes in contact information.
Submit articles, graphics, or questions to the Editor at email@example.com.
Our contact information:
Contact phone numbers: Commercial 520.533.7836